Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 PROP MOUNTING

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have a diagram of the 912 Warp Drive Prop flange or adapter?

Drive Lugs?

Dimensions?

I know that there was a change at one time - either one will do for now.

Does it use Six 8mm bolts and drive lugs?

How thick is your crank flange? Center boss?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I'll take a look at the Mangy motor when I get over to Dave's tomorrow and see about some dimensions.

Posted

WOW!

Ed seems desperate to get that prop in the air...

Posted

there was a smoken deal on ebay last night on a sensenich prop for the 912, my guess is he  had his eye on that

Posted (edited)

I got smoked on that bid - and it sold for about 1/3 of new price, with 3 new blades - but did some research and learned that you could get Sensenich composite blades for your Warp Drive hub since 2009 - that was some cheap education.

Also learned from Warp Drive that there was a change in their blades in 2003, and the hub before and after is machined different, so Sensenich probably only fits the newer hubs. I only wanted the blades, and Sensenich only makes 3-blade hubs for the 912/914.

Somebody with a 912 got a real bargain!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Dave had a 2-blade Sensenich for his 912.  It didn't work very well.  Your information on 3-blade only hubs for a 912 must be incorrect.

I did a quick measurement on the hub, the center spindle locating diameter is approximately 1-23/32" with the outer 6-bolt hub is approximately a 4" bolt circle.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Larry,

I didn't mean to say that they ONLY made 3-blade props for the 912 - Just that it is the ONLY ENGINE they make the 3-blade composite props for - I know they make a 2-blade also.

Yes, I know that someone makes a 3-blade plastic prop for the Cessna 208, but that's a different ballgame.

I worked in a prop shop on Constant Speed 2 and 3-blade props when going to Aviation school in Alaska.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri