Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Denali and Sleeping Lady Sunsets

5 posts in this topic

Posted

After working out a few more bugs I managed to get Jack's plane out of the pattern area a couple of weeks ago and took it to Talkeetna; so got a few pictures of Denali on the way there and the Alaska Range on the way back.  Then I finally gave up on winter and switched mine off skis and back to the Airstreaks and got it out for a bit last night; a beautiful evening with sunset on Sleeping lady.  Hope we have some more of this springtime in Alaska weather for a while!

post-75-0-25069300-1427090815_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-48661100-1427090858_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-06898100-1427090986_thumb.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Nice pictures Randy. Thanks for sharing.

Jack

Posted

Nice shots Randy, glad that Jacks plane is getting to stretch her wings a bit, that's awesome and has been a long time coming.  With this warm weather I need to pull my plane off the lake and get the ski's off, but I am still looking for a decent deal on some 1.25" wheels :lol:  Hope we can get together for some flying soon!

:BC:

Posted

Hey Leni, 

I'm bummed we didn't get together the last turn around; let me know the next oneThe weather is geting kind of crazy warm now.  Not sure when you get back home again but have someone keep an eye on the lake if it is very long.  I landed on some of the lakes around Big Lake and the snow was still hard so wheels were fine.  I heard that Fish Lakes was even OK for wheels last weekend. 

Are you planning to put the 30's on the new wheels?  Jack picked up a set of the new model AK Bushwheel Airstreaks in 26" so I had a chance to fly it with the 26" Goodyears and the 26" Airstreaks.  Even on the gravel and grass, the Airstreaks are a lot smoother.

Posted

Randy, your killing me! I got back from the slope tuesday. I got a set of 850's on the Cleveland wheels this morning. I have to make a run to atown in about 10 minutes to go meet with the company lawyer then I'm headed back to get the wheels put on and move the plane off the lake. Flying in tuesday I saw a vast majority of the lakes on the peninsula had open water on them so it's time for wheels. One of these days I will get a set of the 26" bush wheels, probly sometime after I recover from alimony and child support :lol:

I'm hoping to have the plane ready to go tomorrow so weather permitting, I'm gonna be ready to go play this weekend!

:BC: