4 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you consider as a max crosswind component on hard surface, or challenging?

Posted

Type of gear and tire size would play pretty deep into my answer on that one. With the 12" wide Nancos, stock gear, and pavement crosswinds suck! The good news is of it's over about 15 just land across the runway :)

Posted

Type of gear and tire size would play pretty deep into my answer on that one. With the 12" wide Nancos, stock gear, and pavement crosswinds suck! The good news is of it's over about 15 just land across the runway :)

Runway?

Taxiways are fair game also...

1 person likes this

Posted

KFfan,

Valid point! I have traveled through the Texas Panhandle often, and the wind is always howling there. After a landing roll of about 10 feet because of the 30 knot plus wind, I asked a local crop duster what they do when the wind doesn't line up with a runway. He said that the pavement was just put there as a guideline, we land wherever we want!

It is a valid point...don't set yourself up for failure landing in a crazy crosswind, go for a taxiway or the grass infield. Just don't hurt anyone else and you are good. I had never really thought about it like that before that experience.

I apologize, I'm not answering the original question...I'll let someone with experience in your bird answer it.

Ron