Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rudder pedals?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys I have read a few posts where you guys say things like rudder pedal brake mod. or updated rudder pedals, where can I find more info on this.

Posted

thanks guys that is great info, i think i will just weld on the bottom part of the E to mine and call it good

Posted (edited)

TJay,

There was a mandatory SB on the vertical tube that holds the pedals - weld small triangles where the V-tube welds to the main bottom support cross tube. I may have posted it in files and forms?

If later on, you find that your brakes don't hold on static runnup, come back to here and read what the other guys have done, or go to the Matco site and study the ratios - or both.

EDMO

I didn't find it in files and forms - guess I posted it somewhere else? I cant find it, maybe someone knows where it is?

Guess I could post it again if you cant figure out what I tried to say.

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

thanks ed i can probably figure it out

Posted (edited)

TJay,

I think I may have sent the two mandatory service bulletins to you with the wing pages.

The other one is for the triangles on the elevators.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

All the Kitfox Service Letters and Service Bulletins are readily available on their website.

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/FAQ-Tech.htm

Posted

Doug,

On that site you listed, go to supersport pricing, and its $4395 for landing gear kit.

EDMO

Posted

While you are adding gussets to the uprights you should add some support bands to the rudder cable attach horns as well this is another area that has been known to give away. also its not a bad idea to have a small tab on the inside pedal to keep your feet off of the v bars in the center of the plane (on Avids anyways I'm assuming KF is the same)