Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bush Gear Suspension

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,  I need to come up with a suspension system for a cabang style gear.  I saw the Rage system but they want an arm and leg for a non-certified shock and bungee cord system. 

If you have any ideas let me know.  Basic setup is just like a cub but I just need ideas for the suspension.

Thanks

Posted

There has been a lot of talk about this on here.  Can you post up a pick of your gear, or are you building new?  I have a few hours on my set up and it appears to be working well, but I have not yet been able to really test it so I am not going to give it a good endorsement yet!  So far its been some landing and take offs on good snow surfaces, no hard snogo tracks to whack or big rocks to roll over.

I am pretty convinced that its going to be hard to beat using bungees as the suspension for this gear and using a safety cable on them in case of a bungee failure.  I would make bungees like a cub uses so you have more than one bungee on each side in case one breaks you still have a softer back up that will keep the gear from sagging too much, then the safety cable as the ultimate back up.  I still plan on making a new cabane vee for mine to change the angle on it to change the way it stresses the fuse.

:BC:

Posted

I am going with the suspension from TK1Racing. I Am only to the mock up stage but hoping to get it on here in the near future. He has ads on barnstormers or you can just go to tk1racing.com

post-40-0-62903600-1424196610_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-30149300-1424196642_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi Leni,

My gear is being fabed from new.  Me and Randy have it all worked out just need the suspension.

Posted

You might want to compare your print for the engine mount to some mount for an 0-200 where it attaches to the engine - the 0-200 uses larger, Lord mount, rubbers - The C-65 uses smaller ones.

Or, you can put bushings in the engine holes.

(Just in case you missed my earlier post)

EDMO

Posted

:lol:  I am pretty sure he saw it :lol:

:BC:

Posted

I would go with bungies like the Highlander Gear.

Posted

I think Joey's new gear is going to be great.

I went with a Hydrosorb system on my Magnum...Joey looked into it and the guy just wants too much money! The suspension costs more than the gear. If a guy had a manufacturing connection for the urethane pucks it would be a simple suspension to make.

I took the flaming wallet approach and bought a set, I'm not flying my Magnum yet, but I like the idea of not having to worry about bungees and having to change them out.

Here is the link to my Magnum gear...

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/1515-magnums-with-airdale-bush-gear/

Ron