Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Using an experimental cub to guide hunting clients??

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So I think we all agree that you can't make a dime using an experimental aircraft, yet there is some dip shit up here who lives in Colorado that has been using his experimental cub for years to fly out clients on whats suppose to be a guided hunt.  The horror stories are stacking up about how this guy treats his clients once out in the field, but the big issue for me is using an experimental plane to fly out and move clients around in the field.  Am I the only one that see's this as an issue the feds should be tossing the book at him for?

Here are a couple links to some of the horror stories

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?21742-Alaska-Range-Dall-Sheep-My-First-Sheep-Hunt.rokslide

http://onyourownadventures.com/huntt...d.php?t=260920

This one pisses me off.  We look stupid enough to the world now with the dumb ass shows they are putting out about Alaska.

This guy is very UN-professional making big money using an experimental plane and is just another example of an out of state guide raping the resources and doing it illegally at that.  The wanton waste this guy has caused would be enough for me to loose my plane, gun, gear and hunting privileges here, yet he seems to get away with it year after year.  

OK rant over.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I cant open it, but totally agree with Leni - it makes us all look bad.

Where is Alaska Fish & Game? They could add to their fleet of confiscated planes, if the FAA is not going to enforce their rules.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed, try it now, I changed the links.

It's assholes like this that lead to further restrictions on those of us that make a valid attempt at staying legal....

Posted (edited)

Leni - I read the whole Moose hunt disaster - That man should be in jail!

EDMO

I guess you copied the numbers on the planes!

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Yes, the cub he has been using is N6455S  He even managed to put it through the ice in 2008 at anderson lake :lol:

He better be the center of a big investigation that strips him of his planes and guiding / hunting license forever up here. 

Posted

Yes, the cub he has been using is N6455S  He even managed to put it through the ice in 2008 at anderson lake :lol:

He better be the center of a big investigation that strips him of his planes and guiding / hunting license forever up here. 

Like the guide who got away with a lot, until a bear with 2 young cubs was shot, and they finally got him! It hurts everyone.

EDMO

Posted

I just read this.  That is unbelievable.  That guy is no more than a con man and a thief.  It is hard to believe that AK F&G has not nailed him yet.

Maybe I am cheap but I have only been on one guided hunt in my life and that was my first deer hunt with my dad at 12 years old.  I always figured I would end up with some nightmare of a guide like this guy and I have always managed to be pretty successful figuring it out on my own.  Even with a few airplane repair bills it has not been as costly or irritating as this guy; and I always got my meat.  And fortunately I have met some great people when I needed help.  I hope I can repay by always helping others when I get the chance.

I hope this guy gets put out of business one way or another, he give both guides and experimental aircraft a bad name!

1 person likes this

Posted

Noting will happen until someone steps up and turns the A** in to the FAA. I ran across a guy giving rides in a Sea Rey experimental, he charged the Light Sport Instructor $100+ for the ride.

Posted

I've looked into this one more.... it seems alaska is the only state you can get away with it as far as the faa is concerned aa we have a clause that allows a private pilot to fly fishing and hunting clients. It basically says that the flying part of the fishing or hinting is not a paid service, it is "incidental" to the trip. Your paying for the fishing or hunting part of the trip, the guy is just a nice guy and happens to give you a ride in his plane to gather you there and back. The FAA said that much to their frustration, in alaska, as long as he notifies the clients that the plane they are riding is a home built experimental, the client then assumes the responsibility to say yes or no to the ride. There is nothing they can do about using an experimental plane for flying fishing or hunting clients.

The board of game can yank his guide license for unethical treatment of the clients, fish and game can hit him for wanton waste... but we can use our experimental planes to guide fishing and hunting clients all we want!