Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Engine Mount

30 posts in this topic

Posted

The PA-15 had a Lycoming O-145 engine.  The PA-17 had the Continental A-65-8, No starter or generator on either.

Posted

From what I remember, the Continental mount will fit the C-75, C-85, and C-90 engines except for a -14.  That series used the Lord mounts, same as an O-200.

Posted

The PA-15 had a Lycoming O-145 engine.  The PA-17 had the Continental A-65-8, No starter or generator on either.

Wow.  I never knew the -15 had a Lycon in it from the factory.  All of the -15s I've ever seen had C65 motors...

Cool.  Thanks for the information.

Posted (edited)

From what I remember, the Continental mount will fit the C-75, C-85, and C-90 engines except for a -14.  That series used the Lord mounts, same as an O-200.

What made it a -14? The -12 had starter and generator.

Piper went to Lycosaurus engines sometime after the J3 - Some one better educated in Piper history will need to figure out if they had any Continental engines with starters. I wouldn't know a PA-4 from a PA-99 except for the PA-20/22, which btw, I think, also had the Lyc. 320 engine, or was that an option, or STC, from the 290? And, of course, the PA-18 SuperCub.

I flew an Apache once, but was too busy with 2 of everything to worry about what PA number it was!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri