Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Air speed will it work

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you think this will work here or should I stick with the original kitfox setup

post-999-0-66341400-1423238306_thumb.jpg

Posted

Certainly no expert on this, but my intuition says it should be further forward if possible to prevent leading edge pressure from potentially affecting readings. I really can't tell how far it hangs below the wing from the angle of the photo.

Posted

I have the Dynon dual input AOA pitot tube that I am planning on using on the Mangy Fox.  I plan on placing it within the protection of the lift strut and jury strut area.

I think your position will work fine.

Posted

It needs to be away from the leading edge. (Farther Back) Air flow in front of the leading edge is deflecting and will cause errors. I have an AOA indicator installed on my Model I and it is forward of the leading edge and indicates twice what the AOA is and is designed that way to increase readability.

Posted

Ok Kitfox book says to go right on the vertical rib where you see the stamp, which is about 5 inches back from where it is right now. the only thing I wonder is the kitfox one hanges down about 4 inches where this one only hangs down 2.5 inches. With the under camber ribs wonder if mabey I should just use the kitfox one or try to lower this one with some fancy streamline bracket. what you think boys.