Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 cycle to 4 cycle

6 posts in this topic

Posted

If I was to adapt my 912 to my kitfox 1 would it be wise to straiten out the vertical of my plane. right now I stand behind it and my vertical is a couple degrees to the left which I'm sure works well for the 2 cycle but how bout the 4 cycle. anybody else have this issue

Posted (edited)

My KF 1 did not have the offset you mentioned - maybe someone tried to counter the P-factor for the 2-stroke?  You can change it now, or plan on adding a trim tab for an opposite-turning engine.

EDMO

You didn't say if the front or the rear was to the left - the front to the left would be OK for a right--turning engine.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

yeah the front is off to the left so a 4 stroke would work great I thought of that later but a 582 with a gear box will be lots of left rudder.

Posted

Only seen one other KF1 converted to a 912 and it took lots of modifications. Weight and balance and the inadequate tail surfaces were two of his biggest challenges. The early models were a poor match for heavier engines in their stock form.

Posted (edited)

My KF1 had the NSI Turbo Soob and a 25 lb battery almost to the tail.

Speaking of tails: I thought Joey was going to measure one?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

yeah I agree I have a 582 also for this thing I just really love that 912 probably better just keep it light and slow.