Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Leni's curse

10 posts in this topic

Posted

What does it mean when you are alone at a great fishing hole within 100 mile radius of Anchorage?

1. You are Cpt. Cook.

2. No fish.

Can't figure this out; last year at this time the kings were in there thick.  It must be because I was giving Leni a bad time about him sitting in Houston while I was going to be out slaying the kings last weekend.  Sorry Leni, I appologize, just end the curse.

post-75-0-33899200-1403372700_thumb.jpg

Posted

1.  Too early - just sit and wait - the Kings will come!

2.   Start buying beer for Leni.........

EDMO

Posted

Pretty awesome fishing hole even if there not there yet

Posted

Well I would much rather be up there at the fishing hole than down here in New Orleans right now. The pool was 94 degrees yesterday.. So much for relief from the heat here!

Did you try the goldish colored pixie with a chartreuse insert? That was the only thing I could get them to hit on last year.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Chartreuse??

Isn't that the same colour as the davenport in the parlour? Or is it more like the chaise?

Negative man-card point, Leni. Associating a color like chartreuse with fishing, in ALASKA of all places.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted (edited)

Chartreuse?  I think my Great-Grandfather dated her!   :lol:

My fishing:  Dipnets or Dynamite!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I'm not sure that's a curse. I realize you want to have some fish to take home but doesn't it mean you have more time to take even more pictures to post on this thread, along with having more flying time until the Kings do show up?

I'm still very jealous. Now to really find a job in Alaska, oh yeah, and rebuild an airplane.....

Posted

:lmao: come on up Larry, you can try the red, blue or green lures. I will use the one that works so you can take pictures of me catching fish while you beat the water :lol:

A lot depends on water clarity and cloud cover. But that one is my normal go to for fishing kings and silvers in the rivers and ocean.

I'm getting ready to take the wife and nephews out to try and catch some bass and catfish. Will see how we do soon.

Posted

Randy, how is Saturday or Sunday looking for you? I'm thinking we need to try and make a fishing run when I get home.

Posted

Friday or Saturday could work good for me; just have to postpone some projects.  Give me a call when you see how your time is looking.

One important thing I have to do soon is getting my wing spars trimmed to fold better so I can trailer the plane for caribou hunting this year and it is coming up fast.  I should make a recon run there before the hunt to be sure I can still get into the strip and confirm it hasn't washed out.  So much flying to do and so little time...

It wasn't the lures though, it was no fish.  Didn't see a single one surface or any from the air.  They were not there; but that will be two weeks ago this coming Sat.

Sounds like they are doing good in the Willow; my buddy said he caught 3 there on Monday but you can't keep them.