Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IFR long cross country tomorrow

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Flying my IFR long cross country tomorrow. 275NM, 4 airports, 4 approaches and about 2.7 hrs under the hood with a $1000 price tag. I am a little bit excited but only because it puts me one step closer to my checkride.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sweet! Nothing like that long cross country out of the way. Have a great flight!

Posted

On one of my xc/ifr flights, the instructor kept hitting his knee on the flap switch - plane had flap indicator in different place than my usual Cessna - finally figured it out - headache was getting bad anyway.  Have Fun!

EDMO

Posted

I remember mine...

We were going to fly, my mom, instructor and me from Wisconsin to Maryland in an Arrow.  We crossed lake Michigan and had to eventually land in Cleveland (which does NOT rock) due to icing.  At one point we were at full power and decending at 500 fpm.

The next day we turned around and went home.

Posted

I did my IFR rating in Florida. My long cross country was just awful. Had to go to Key West..... :-) South from KPIE to the VOR at Ft. Myers, turn right to pick up the correct radial, then fly for about 2 hours over open water. It was hazy, and the instructor was debating calling it actual IFR since there really wasn't a horizon to reference.

Mark