Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FLOATS ON EBAY $1000 AND NO BIDS

6 posts in this topic

Posted

IN AVIATION PARTS - Lady says they are for 2 place cub or experimental, and if refinished and relisted, will be a lot higher - I don't know how to post the ad - and for some reason, the number is not listed for the ad.

This is 12:20 AM CDT - and the ad is good for another 19 hours only - Just wanted to give you FLOATERS a heads up.

EDMO

Posted

Ron,

You probably know as much as I do about floats - They look like they might float - but have no idea of What they would float!

You definitely know more about posting - I have no idea how to copy and post something from another site to here, but guess I can live without that knowledge. 

Thanks,

EdMO

Posted

The one rating I never got was the Seaplane rating, and it is probably the one I am most interested in getting! I visited Alaska as a kid and I rode in an amphib 182 and I thought that was the coolest thing ever! He was hopping us from lake to lake and stopping to fish while standing on the floats.

Once I get my Magnum flying I'm going to look into floats, and the rating of course...

Seems like all of these floats are Expensive! That is why I looked for the page you found, $1000 seemed like a great deal. However, I would have to go amphib around here because there is not much water, and very few places to keep your plane in the water.

I know Amphibs are pricey! So it will probably stay a dream...

I sent you a basic way to post a link...I probably explained it clear as mud, so let me know if I need to explain it better.

Hey, your computer skills are pretty good buying and selling stuff on Ebay! My Mother still thinks that if she presses the wrong combination of keys there will be an explosion! :)

Posted (edited)

Highly recommend the seaplane rating. Did mine in December and it has become an addiction.  I'm sitting in Tavares Fl right now, was supposed to fly a 180 on floats from here to Lake of the Ozarks (MO) on Friday, various things delayed that till Monday.  This is what a flight delay looks like when you fly seaplanes....

Mark

post-503-0-25502200-1400365255_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh man am I jealous! Looks like I would stay delayed! The lake of the Ozarks will be great too! Enjoy!