Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Model 2 Kitfox for sale

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

kitfox2.movKitfox.mov

Hello Forum

I now own a Model 4 Kitfox, so it is time to sell the Model 2-950 after 19 years.

Rotax 582 Blue head, 120 hrs. SMOH, C box, RK 400 clutch, 68" IVO IFA prop, Hacman mixture control, Merle Williams Aluminum radiator, $17,000 OBO.

If you want the 29" ABW Airstreaks, Matco E series brakes, Grand Rapids EIS engine management, ICOM handheld radio, $21,000 OBO.

The clutch makes flying a stroke much more pleasant with smooth "no shake" start up and shut down.

I start the engine, do my preflight while waiting for the water temperature, hop in and go.

The inflight adjustable prop gives the best of climb and cruise performance (I have not had any prop motor failures using polyswitches).

With the mixture control I am still climbing at 300 feet/minute at 12,500' MSL with 21" tires.

Last October this Kitfox was flying off the side of mountains at 9500' at the High Sierra Fly In at "3 Shotgun Shells" Nevada.

Cruises at 78 mph on the 29's and 83 mph on the 21's burning 5 gallon/hour at 5800-6000 rpm near sea level.

Burns 6.8 g/h at 6800 rpm maximum performance take off.

While whale watching at 5000 rpm it burns 3 g/h leaned out with the HACman

My airstrip is 650' long and I use less than half of it for both take off and landing.

Covering and paint is show quality with clear coat and flex agent and was done by John Rodgers from Homedale, Idaho who formerly worked for Kitfox.

Still in great condition with the exception of a few blemishes considering 600 hours and 19 years.

Has 1 inch diameter model 4 lift struts and plastic wing strut fearing's (heavy). 

Has Odyssey 625 Battery. Much heavier than needed but has never failed me in 6 years.

Weighs 600#'s with 29's and 570#'s with 21's.

Header tank 8 gallons and wing tank 6.

Thanks

Herman Pahls

Coquille, Oregon

541 404 6464

hpahls@gmail.com

post-346-0-27015000-1398750888_thumb.jpg

Edited by herman pahls

Posted

Nice looking airplane.

Posted

Bump for Herman

Posted

Herman,

What are the round things at the top of the struts?  some kind of lights?  Nice looking plane.

EDMO

Posted

The only round things I see at the top of the struts are the tie down rings and the bolts :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Maybe it was the tie-down rings that looked like lights or something.

EdMO

Posted

Got to put this back at the top of the list.

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Herman,

Very nice bird - hope it finds a good home.

EDMO