Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dying sling seat

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to dye my ugly brown sling seat black to make it match my paint job. has anyone else done this before that would like to pass along some pointers? I have the original brown C sling seat its still new unused in great shape I just don't like the color even more so now that I have the rest of the plane painted. it just doesn't go well with my chosen colors

-Robert-

Posted

Robert,

Not knowing squat about sling seats - Could you just find some nice colored material and cover it?

EdMO

Posted

I had the nasty brown one too.  for about 30 bucks in fabric and foam padding, I talked the ex into making me a new one.  I took it out in favor of the fiberglass seat, but in the spirit of putting the plane on a diet, I am going to put the sling seat back in. 

I am not sure on the dye.. it may work, or it may turn into a seat that every time your flying when its hot out and you sweat, your gonna have a black back side.

:BC:

Posted

Mine was dyed but the dye has faded, doesn't look very good anymore.  I like the sling seat pretty good, that being said has anyone had theirs reupholstered?

Posted

I just took some cordura and stitched up a new black sling, they are simple to make took about an hour including putting in the grommets for the string. about a yard of fabric.