Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sprayed Stewart Systems over the weekend

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I had some Awesome help the last 3 days getting the Avid painted and am very pleased with the results. here is a few sneak pics at what we got done. I will put up some more when I have some time

-Robert-

post-352-0-53622300-1396965450_thumb.jpg

post-352-0-39711000-1396965496_thumb.jpg

post-352-0-45481600-1396965696_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks good - after it has cured for about a week, try scratching with thumbnail the paint that you put on a metal part - its tough!

should really stand out in the sunlight.

EdMO

Posted

NICE!  It is good to see the progress, your only 90% from completion now :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

That's a serious paint booth you have there! Nice looking paint job. I'm with Ed, that should show up very well and look great when it's all put together.

Posted

That looks great!  It will be exciting to see it take shape with the final assembly now.

Posted

Looking good! Wish I were at that point!

That yellow is a cool color...it looks really bright!

Posted

thanks for the comments. We're very excited to see it coming along. the paint booth was a friend of a friends and worked out awesome. really helps to have that kind of lighting, ventilation, and temp control. Colors used were Juneau White and Sport Yellow. we are going to pin stripe everywhere the two come together probably with a nice black to make the yellow pop off the white. It really shines in the sun already.

Posted

some more pics after it was coming out of the paint booth

post-352-0-56496300-1397395528_thumb.jpg

post-352-0-16759400-1397395600_thumb.jpg

post-352-0-11227100-1397395639_thumb.jpg

post-352-0-84691200-1397395693_thumb.jpg

post-352-0-53677200-1397395753_thumb.jpg

Posted

Good looking paint job - I really wanted to say that some big black stripes/shapes would really set it off - but didn't want to be critical sounding.

EDMO

Posted

Nice job, she looks sweet!

:BC:

Posted

Good looking paint job - I really wanted to say that some big black stripes/shapes would really set it off - but didn't want to be critical sounding.

EDMO

Ed, I wouldn't worry to much about being to critical, I'm always open to ideas from others. the paint you see here is not exactly like we had it drawn up to be. I had input from others while we were painting and I'm sure glad we did, I think it looks even better than we had designed it to be.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What looks good on the ground may not be as visible in the air - we need to look at it both ways.

I think I said before that the most visible plane I ever saw in the air was a solid black MU2 with red stripes.

I am certainly not suggesting that our fabric and glue planes should be all black like the all-metal, air-conditioned MU2 - in Missouri heat the glue might melt right after the pilot!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri