Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trying to find a flying Avid to fly, between Billings MT and Cincinnati

7 posts in this topic

Posted

In my search to find another flying Avid or Kitfox and see how it compares to Pursang, I'm looking for anyone that lives on the route I'll be flying this week between Billings Montana, St. Louis, and Cincinnati.

I really want to be able to confirm how another flying bird performs and feels and have a baseline to compare the Mk V to.

I will be moving a 150/150 taildragger, starting Thursday morning in Billings, then making my way to St. Louis. I have no specific time I have to be anywhere other than the plane needs to be in Cincinnati this weekend. I'm more than willing to go slightly out of the way if anyone has a plane on this flight route that is able and willing to take me up with them.

The plan is Thursday morning to leave Montana, fly most if not all day to get as far as I can towards St. Louis. The winds look favorable and I might even make it that night. Then on Saturday I'll be leaving St. Louis heading to Batavia I69, where Sporty's is to deliver the plane for a new interior.

If anyone lives or knows of anyone that is somewhat close to this route, please message me or post up. The last chance I'll be able to check my message on here will be Wednesday night. If you read this after that point you can text me at six 2 three two 6 two 33 two eight (written for anti-spam).

Thanks all!

Posted

im in Kalispell Montana but quite a ways from billings

Posted

I didn't realize you were up in that area. Such a pretty place to fly. I ferried a plane into Kalispell a few years back. Always wanted to go when I had some time to kill up that way. Obviously doing some flying up there would be awesome as well. I might get out there this summer to go to Glacier National Park though. If I do I'll let you know.

Posted (edited)

KRRL - Merrill Wisconsin.  I could put you together with my Kitfox IV, possibly another and maybe a Mk IV Avid, all in my neighborhood.

Off your path a bit, but...

Edited by Av8r3400
2 people like this

Posted

Larry, sounds like a good reason to get in a weekend trip?

Honestly I'll look at that and see what I can do. Do you have a good time that would work for you on a weekend? I'd really like to have my wife ride a long for a good trip, maybe I can still get her to fly this one so we can keep it.

Posted

Just let me know.  Next Saturday (4-19) is my EAA Chapter meeting at KSTE.  If the weather is good you could get all kinds of planes to ride in...

Posted

Kenneth, I am in Casper, WY but it looks like I will not be available Thursday or Friday.