Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Got the first coat of pink on yesterday...

8 posts in this topic

Posted

...and the wife is happy, happy, happy that I finally started her winter project renovating the kids bath!

I got the new, bigger tub plumbed, tile backer up and [pink] waterproof membrane rolled on. Trust me, use some latex gloves if you don't want to spent the next two days picking that pink stuff off your fingers.

post-53-0-13160000-1394493970_thumb.jpg

Ironically, the old bath tub and tile were pink

post-53-0-57359700-1394494042_thumb.jpg

...and the infamous 'pink throne', less said the better!

post-53-0-12810200-1394494131_thumb.jpg

...and you thought I was talking about aircraft covering now weren't ya? ;) Hehe!

Posted (edited)

I remember those pink things!  They were the "ultimate-fashon" replacement.....Everyone in Hollywood had them, and some even had gold plated ones!..........Much better than the old outhouse tho!   :lol:

EDMO

But, who among us is "man-enough" to fly a pink plane?

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

S'not pink, it's SALMON!

Posted

Watch it Larry... Any man twho knows more than the primary colors is subject to having his man card pulled by the voting membership!  :lmao:

Yeah, I was hoping to see some fat avid pics Doug, ya got me on this one!  But ya gotta keep momma happy too cause if she aint happy nobody is happy!

:BC:

Posted

Except for (4) tiny corner pieces I still need to cut, I finally got the tile in the tub surround knocked off this weekend. It's been quite a while since I did any tile work and now I remember how much more of a P.I.T.A. doing walls is. Much slower going vs. slapping down floors!

Of course, the Chief Decorator wanted some decorative tile work too, but none of that pre-backed stuff that goes up quick and easy matched or met with her approval. Sooo... I ended up having to cut a bunch of tile to make my (her?) own accent band. Took a while to complete working only a couple hours at a time, but we're pretty happy with the result.

I made one little mistake I wish I could have back, can you spot it? 

post-53-0-29552800-1395755159_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-20458400-1395755160_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-84403800-1395755160_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-45221700-1395755161_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-22190200-1395755162_thumb.jpg

Posted

Nice work Doug! I don't see anything wrong other than the little corner pieces you mentioned weren't there yet so it must not be too obvious at all. You know how these things go, if you make the mistake it sticks out like crazy to you but others can't see it.

Maybe now you can get it finished up and fly some more? At least if the weather cooperates that is.

1 person likes this

Posted

/\  what he said!

:BC:

Posted

You know how it goes, trying to bank brownie points now for when the weather breaks. Heck, I haven't even seen my KF in months! Little jealous of all you guys in warmer climes. I know we're not alone but this has been the longest, coldest winter in a looong time here. It's too cold to paint and can't cover with Polyfiber products in a closed shop even if you can afford the propane, forget about working in an unseated hanger.

Layed out the floor grid this am, small bath so tile should go down quick. I've already moved all the electrical outlets and fixture boxes to accomodate the new tall double vanity, painted the ceiling and done 99% of the drywall work. Aside from the grout and wall paint, hooking up the new throne and sinks is about all that is left.