Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally got my Ivo front plate

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Well after my package being lost a month and waiting on Ivo for another 2, I finally got a new knurled front plate and electric motor today along with a $437 bill!!! Going to install it tomorrow and see how the limits are.

Posted

That sucks Joey,I was hoping they would make it right with you........

Posted

I know how you feel.

Between IVO and Aircraft Spruce, they can make you feel raped, plus freight.

Posted

I love my IVO.. but they are raping us.  The new motor I had stopped working after about 25 flight hours.  I pulled the prop apart and pulled the motor out.  Turns out the front bearing in the motor can was toast allowing the windings to hit the magnets and stopped it from turning.  I got to looking at it and its just a 27 turn 540 size trinigy motor I can buy for 20 bucks and use a file or dremel to put a flat spot on the shaft for the spur gear... or use a hobby spur gear that has an allen set screw in it.  Long story short, I put it back together using the trinigy can and the windings from IVO as I was in a hurry to get back in the air and didnt want to take the 15 minutes with a file to put the flat on the motor shaft...

But if it goes out again, I would be looking at the local hobby shop for a motor, not calling IVO for one.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

So far mine has been going great since they replaced the motor; they did it for free after the first one quit at about 12 hours and the second time at about 21 hours. I am suprised they didn't replace Leni's with only 25 hours on it.

I just had to put a new set of brushes in it 2 weeks ago have not checked the log book to see how many hours they lasted, but at least 200.  I had two sets of extras but could only find one set so I ordered a couple more sets of brushes last week and they had them to me in 3 days; at least they are responsive.

Posted

I never even bothered calling them last week, I just fixed it on my own.  I am going to file the shaft on a new motor and keep it in my plane parts in the tool bag.  I hate being without my IFA prop!

I have worn out a few sets of brushes, but thanks to ChrisB that should be a thing of the past soon!  I plan on having the Mercotac installed as soon as I get home in a couple weeks.  I will report on it as I do the install.

:BC:

Posted

Flew a 1.4 today after a run, tq, run tq, fly the pattern tq cycle. This motor seems a lot more powerful than my old one. Overall I am happy with it and can't wait to try it out when hot and heavy where a couple hundred rpm make a world of difference.

Posted

Seems you guys have a love hate relationship with IVO, love the props, hate the prices? I can appreciate the extra performance gains but the price is prohibitive for us after just buying the plane.

I'm seriously thinking about making a two blade wood prop though, I'm pretty sure I can get something to work as good as or better than most fixed bladed ones that I could purchase. I'm a little worried about spending that kind of money on a prop only to have issues with it. If anyone has learned something about me from the Pursang, it's that I also have the stupidest things happen to me, if it can go wrong, it will to me!

1 person likes this