Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hinge Bushing material

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm replacing all my bushings while I have my tail feathers apart. The stuff that was in there was 5/16 OD polyethylene tubing. I can't find any of that size at my local hardware stores. It seems to come in 1/4 and 3/8. Spruce does not sell 5/16 either. I can get it from online sources but on a 100ft roll. Anybody know a source or a better material besides the tubing?

Posted

I got mine from avid.  Once I got it i figured I could have run to the local hardware store and picked some up.  I had to put a piece in the drill then hit it with a file to get the OD smaller so it would go in the hole.. then run a 3/16" drill bit through it so I could put the pins in.  All in all, not worth waiting on airdale for it to get to you as you should be able to find some around town that you can make work.

Posted

All the local hardware stores had every size BUT 5/16 OD. I found a 25ft roll on Amazon.com for $6. Anybody need any.. I"m gonna have about 24ft left over  :withstupid:

Posted

All the local hardware stores had every size BUT 5/16 OD. I found a 25ft roll on Amazon.com for $6. Anybody need any.. I"m gonna have about 24ft left over :withstupid:

Hey Joey, old buddy old pal... if that is Eaton Weatherhead PT240-05 NA 5/16" x .062 wall semi-rigid polyethylene tubing, if the offer still stands I could use a few feet to re-do my sloppy KF elevator and rudder. Maybe just cut to fit and mail in a regular letter envelope? Let me know, I'll PM you my address. Thanks

Posted

Hey Joey, old buddy old pal... if that is Eaton Weatherhead PT240-05 NA 5/16" x .062 wall semi-rigid polyethylene tubing, if the offer still stands I could use a few feet to re-do my sloppy KF elevator and rudder. Maybe just cut to fit and mail in a regular letter envelope? Let me know, I'll PM you my address. Thanks

PM me your address

Posted

Thanks anyways, got it done already.

Posted

Sombody was looking for an ELT antenna

I knew I had one, finally founed it if its still needed

Bob