Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Christmas Flight 2013

13 posts in this topic

Posted

It was a beautiful clear -15 today and we had Christmas with the kids last night on Christmas eve so I just had to get out.  The snow was fresh and soft but settled and I got to lay lone tracks on Willow Mtn in several places.Plenty of moose up there and some real nice bulls.  I just need to get up there on the snow machine now when they just drop their antlers.

Hope everyone else had as great a Christmas!

post-75-0-23892400-1388032100_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-21533100-1388032202_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-28127900-1388032293_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice pics,glad you had some nice weather to take advantage of. Randy

Posted

So that third picture is high noon, right? :)

Nice pics Randy, thanks for sharing!

Posted

NIce pics Randy, I cannot see the guy on a buffalo???

Posted

I had a great Christmas Flight too, saw a few deer and turkeys yarded up, but later on it was even better with my Granddaughters.

post-56-0-68992200-1388352872_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-35799000-1388352904_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-79487900-1388352931_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-41274400-1388352962_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hey Mark,

Looks like you had a great day too.  Neat to see all those turkeys and deer; and looks like you have quite a bit of snow.  Love to see your granddaughters too.  What a great time to share with them.  Have you taken them flying with you?  I am anticipating taking my grandson out when he gets old enough; just wondering how old is old enough?

I got out again on the 26th taking the father in law of the Commander's secretary (a long story; I flew her and her husband, an AF sergant, around this fall and this was their Christmas present to his father while he was up visiting over Christmas).  Anyway, it wasn't quite as nice a Christmas day with the overcast but I got a picture with a little sun coming across the glacier at about 2:00 PM as it was getting ready to set.  I need to work on getting some more wildlife pics though; they are hard to get good ones of.

post-75-0-08017400-1388364497_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

that's some some big beautiful stuff you get to fly around up there randy,looks great on skis bandit!

post-574-0-85301000-1388372722_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-79562200-1388372800_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

It was a great day. I didn't get Madison up that day, just not enough time. Now that the days are getting longer I will try to get her up again. She was eight when she got her first ride. I felt she fit the seat belt safely then. Megan gave me I Sutterfly Photo book of our trip to Alaska. She did a great job with it. Half of the book is you taking us flying that day. We are both looking forward to coming back up.

Posted

Great pictures Mike!.  Looks like you are getting some quality time with your new bird.  How many hours on it so far and how is it running?

Mark, thanks for the advice on flying the grandkids.  I sure hope you and Megan can get back up here soon so we can do some more flying trips; mabe get some fishing in next time too!

Posted

its running great ,about 40 hrs on it now .

Posted

Awsome!  Are you through the initial test phase now?

Posted

its flown before ,it had 240  hrs on it when I got it ,it just sat since 96.the guy I bought it from redid the wings then I rejuvenated the fuse fabric and had him paint it .it used to look like this

post-574-0-20107200-1388541412_thumb.jpg

Posted

New paint job makes it a lot prettier - that's what my wife tells me about her cosmetic bills, house painting, etc!  :lol:

EDMO