Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP, I need a geek to help with site migration

8 posts in this topic

Posted

well the title says it all.  I am trying to get the site moved to a new server.  I may be able to get the invision guys to do the move, but the godaddy guys wont do it.  If I cant pay invision to do it, do any of you guys have any special geekyness <yeah I just made that shit up :lol:  who would be willing to help with the migration, backing up the data yada yada so we can mover to a better host, a ton less money etc so I dont nuke the whole damn site and loose everything we have on here :dunno:

Any help would be appreciated if the invision guys cant do it for us.

:BC:

Posted

I just discovered that you can right click on the mouse so Im probably not your guy.Randy

1 person likes this

Posted

:lmao:  well I figured that one out a few days ago so I am in the same boat!  Me thinks I am gonna take a stab at it and set up and alternate site, back it all up and migrate it to that so nothing on the original server is hurt.. ummm, I mean changed yet.. once I figure out that I have made the alternate site work properly I can do the site migration for real.  basically means I have to do this twice, but I get a practice run so I hopefully dont screw anything up on the real move!

Posted

Leni,

I really appreciate your efforts - and really miss the site when it is down - I do well to turn on the puter -

Now a really ignorant question - While the site was down I went searching for another way to get to it - On Yahoo search, I found the IP# and the Chicago company name that makes the site, and all the other sites they post too - With all the bastards hacking, why in hell would all this technical info, which don't mean shit to me, be posted for anyone to read?

Thanks so much for doing this for us.

EDMO

Posted

the IP is easy to get for on anything on the net for anyone to find.  Tha company that makes the software is on the bottom of the website... nothing to hide here :lol:

Posted

Leni let me talk to a few people about this.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, Joey.  You live smack dab in the middle of computer geek heaven...

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, Joey.  You live smack dab in the middle of computer geek heaven...

:snack:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: