Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RANS PLASTIC WING TANKS

9 posts in this topic

Posted

SAD NEWS: I talked to RANS today about their plastic wing tanks, both in 9 gal and 12 gal - Sorry to say that they wont fit in our Avid-Foxes because their wing is about 48 inches between spars, and the tanks take up most of that space, where our spars are 25 inches apart.

Well, I tried....

BTW - Their new S20 Highwing, SxS seating for 2, is on the internet, and looks like another winner with 1320 gross weight.

EDMO

Posted

It's a cheap copy of my Mangy Fox...  Seriously, look at the photos if you don't believe me.

Posted

I watched the video of the S20 - Looked better and should build easier than any Kitfox I have seen.

That's My Opinion - never Humble!

EDMO

Posted

I looked at this for a while at OSH, even came back to look a second time. I liked it but just used their pricing guide online and over $42k for the basic quick build kit with 912uls FWF. No engine, instruments, paint or extras. Wow. What's the Kitfox 7 QB kit go for these days?

Posted

Regular kit minus the fwf is half that. Add fwf and QB wing and its around 26k.

Posted (edited)

I looked at this for a while at OSH, even came back to look a second time. I liked it but just used their pricing guide online and over $42k for the basic quick build kit with 912uls FWF. No engine, instruments, paint or extras. Wow. What's the Kitfox 7 QB kit go for these days?

Only one thing makes me humble - my bank account! These birds started out at about $10K, engine and everything included, but no "Quick-Builds" - and that was about twice what you could build one from plans - but that was about the time I retired.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I'd say similar. Figure $20k fwb, $30k fwf with motor, $20k paint, radios, instruments, etc. for a new Kitfox SS kit.

Lots of stuff was cheaper in the very early 80s, Ed. That would be the last time you would ever see a complete kit for anywhere near $10-15k.

Then you could buy a nice house for $25k. (Twice the cost of a kit) Now you need to spend $150k for a similar nice house. Ironically about twice the cost of this kit, still.

A good job then paid $15k per year. Now a similar Good job is $60-75k? See the pattern?

Everything is relative.

Posted (edited)

My cheap house is going on the market soon ,.moving to Oklahoma ,..wife wans to be closer to family,..so for a cool $650,000.00 you could own my nice cheap house :) any takers?

Edited by SkyPirate

Posted

I'd say similar. Figure $20k fwb, $30k fwf with motor, $20k paint, radios, instruments, etc. for a new Kitfox SS kit.

Lots of stuff was cheaper in the very early 80s, Ed. That would be the last time you would ever see a complete kit for anywhere near $10-15k.

Then you could buy a nice house for $25k. (Twice the cost of a kit) Now you need to spend $150k for a similar nice house. Ironically about twice the cost of this kit, still.

A good job then paid $15k per year. Now a similar Good job is $60-75k? See the pattern?

Everything is relative.

Yep - everything except my retirement pay - which is surely stuck in the late 80's!

My first house was $11K, and I am almost done paying off $200K for my most recent house which sold in 1964 for $12K.....Everything is relative, so I have to build cheap! Sure hope my kids can sell my Foxy Flapper some day for $100K :lol:

EDMO