Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fuel vent line

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Paul - The fuel gauge is compatible with either float type resistive fuel senders or 5V output capacitive senders. I believe Belite recommends a Falcon 12" Capacity Type Sender (ACS P/N 10-02267).

Posted

Stephen - I remember the Yahoo Group discussion re: PVC header tanks and I see you did make yourself one. Have you had any issues with leaks at the caps or other fittings? What did you use for each? Not a fan of the poly header tank in my Avid+ kit. Thnx

Posted

Can you tell us a little about how they are installed.  Were nutplates installed to screw the gauge into?

Paul,

I greatly favor using Rivnuts anytime I can in place of nutplates - easier and neater, IMO.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Stephen - I remember the Yahoo Group discussion re: PVC header tanks and I see you did make yourself one. Have you had any issues with leaks at the caps or other fittings? What did you use for each? Not a fan of the poly header tank in my Avid+ kit. Thnx

No problems. The caps seal with PVC glue. Melts them to the core PVC 6" pipe. For the fittings I used Permatex fuel sealant with again no issues. You don't want to over tighten the fittings although they do snug up nicely. I do like the extra fuel and as I posted before I put the low fuel sensor at the two gallon level. The low fuel sensor information is posted on the yahoo group site in the files area. Pretty easy to build.

Edited by Stephen N613HH

Posted

No problems. The caps seal with PVC glue. Melts them to the core PVC 6" pipe. For the fittings I used Permatex fuel sealant with again no issues. You don't want to over tighten the fittings although they do snug up nicely. I do like the extra fuel and as I posted before I put the low fuel sensor at the two gallon level. The low fuel sensor information is posted on the yahoo group site in the files area. Pretty easy to build.

And a whole lot cheaper than the one from Kitfox!

I just had to add that after paying for mine.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Doug, SuberAvid, anyone,

I cant find any of the blue tubing listed big enough for my Soob - Any good info on the Nylon or Poly-whatever it is, and the Polyurethene that you can give me. Minimum 5/16 ID, prefer 3/8 ID.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Doug, SuberAvid, anyone,

I cant find any of the blue tubing listed big enough for my Soob - Any good info on the Nylon or Poly-whatever it is, and the Polyurethene that you can give me. Minimum 5/16 ID, prefer 3/8 ID.

EDMO

Ed,

I used 5/16" and then 1/4" to each carb.  I don't know abought the 3/8" availability.  best places to search for the poly fuel line would be the ATV parts suppliers.  The most restrictive part in the line is the fuel flow sender unit.  If you are going to run one of them, you are wasting your time using 3/8" line.