Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

On the water

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I have found out that an aircraft can float, if enough money is thrown at it!

I managed to find a set of Edo 2000 floats for the Sedan. I know it's a little late in the summer to get on floats, but better late than never. I have been signed off to solo, and am waiting for my schedule and the examiners schedule to sync up.

It's a blast, and something I should have done years ago.

post-113-0-36509500-1375479254_thumb.jpg

-Nate

Posted (edited)

Very nice!! I really like your paint job. I see you have a raised skylight. how much is it raised and what is used to fair it back down into the wings? i've been thinking of building new butt ribs to raise mine. any pics would be awesome Good luck getting signed off with the floats.

-Robert-

Edited by High Country

Posted

It's not really a skylight; the windshield just comes back to the spar carry through. There's lots of visibility and a fair amount of head room though. Once I'm back in town I can get a photo of what it looks like/ It'll be another week and a half.

Posted

Congrats Nate - You are treading water where I never dared to go - after being brought back from drowning when I was young, I never went into water without a life preserver and don't wear one when flying, although I have thought about it several times.

BTW: Your "Mighty Mouse" symbol is the best I have seen on here! I always smile when I see it.

Good Flying,

EDMO

Posted

Nice picture! I'd love to get my float rating one day!

Posted

She is looking sweet with those water feet! It's been a great summer for float flying!

:BC:

Posted

Very nice!! I really like your paint job. I see you have a raised skylight. how much is it raised and what is used to fair it back down into the wings? i've been thinking of building new butt ribs to raise mine. any pics would be awesome Good luck getting signed off with the floats.

-Robert-

I raised my skylight by increasing my butt ribs by 1" in the front and 2.5" in the rear.  Very glad I did it.

post-75-0-55723600-1375595838_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-61670100-1375596699_thumb.jpg

Posted

I have found out that an aircraft can float, if enough money is thrown at it!

I managed to find a set of Edo 2000 floats for the Sedan. I know it's a little late in the summer to get on floats, but better late than never. I have been signed off to solo, and am waiting for my schedule and the examiners schedule to sync up.

It's a blast, and something I should have done years ago.

attachicon.gifSedan on Edo 2000.JPG

-Nate

Nice Nate!