Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sweet cropdusting video!

5 posts in this topic

Posted

And parents are worried about their kids drinking unfiltered water.....

1 person likes this

Posted

That's how I started life near Bakersfield,  Ca  

Posted

Sweet memories - Would have been better if I could have heard the radial -

BTW: I started out being the little guy holding the red flag - No umbrellas back then...Must be EPA?

EDMO

Posted

turn the volume up, I hear the sweet sweet sound of that radial as he was making his passes... sends shivers up my spine every time!  I wish my buddy would get off his wallet and get his stearman rebuilt versus him dragging it out till he is too old to fly the damn thing.  :lol:

I got one flight in one in Hawaii.. I would give my left nut to fly one here on a hot summer day like we had a couple weeks ago.  85 degrees, radial rumbling, wind in the hair.... damn, I would forget which stick I needed to grab to fly with!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I found out that someone had turned my speakers off - went back and listened to that sweet-sounding radial - sure brought back some memories of growing up.

My flying buddy owned a T6 at one time - We were working at Chrysler, a half a mile or better from the little airport, I could hear him doing practice TOs and landings while I was at work - made me want to get out and enjoy the sunshine! He still regrets selling it - the J3 just isn't the same!

Wonder if I got cancer from holding the flag, grinding asbestos, using MEK and acetone, or laying up and grinding fiberglas, or breathing welding fumes at Chrysler, or a combo of all of past sins? I still wonder what the Army did to me!

If I get the chance, I am going for a ride in a WACO or Stearman again someday.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this