Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nanco tire users

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Check out my different nanco tires. Blast.

Tires-easy is working on it. They have communicated very well so far.

Other than the date stamp, the only difference is this small code: p325-01 and p325-03. The -03 is the larger tire.

The larger tire stands 22" high and the smaller is 21". The smaller is more " boxed". Notice the more pronounced raised sidewall on the smaller tire.

Tires-easy is sending me another tire. It it sure to match one of these. But which one is better? Is one a flawed second?

post-544-0-43180200-1372199302_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-52120600-1372199955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deejayel

Posted

Wow that is interesting! If the second one comes back as the bigger one PLEASE let us know! I'll drop another $100 for another set if I can get the bigger size. Every little bit helps! The smaller one looks more like the shape of mine.  I think a 24 would be about perfect for the earlier 582 powered Avids/Kitfoxes but nobody makes anything that big on an 8" rim. My wife just emailed me yesterday to let me know my tires had arrived after that Tire easy link was posted. I guess I could try and have her find that number on the side...that oughtta be interesting!

Posted

Thanks for the heads up I just checked mine and I got one of each also I will be sending them an e-mail now to see if I can get another -03

-Robert-

Posted

Tires easy is not sure that code means anything. If you have the tires mounted, and they are identical, well....

I would be very intersested to see if you guys mount your tires and find them to be different

Ill keep you advised.

Posted

Wife said both of mine were 01's.

Posted

Ok, so here is the latest. The larger tire is the defective unit. The little code on the sidewall is a secret and may have nothing to do with the shape and size. The manufacturer did say the pronounced black sidewall strip is normal and the tire should be more square than round.

They are sending me another tire and the manufacturer will be wanting my defective unit....

Posted

Prime exmple of Chinese QC at it's finest?! :lmao:

Posted

Prototype secret squirrel tire?? Tell em to make me a 24" one!!

Posted

Replacement received and installed this afternoon. This one did match the smaller square tire. And the batch # was the same as well.

Posted

They having you send the odd one back?

Posted

Yes, kinda. Tires easy doesn't want it back, but the distributor where tires easy gets the tire wants it back. They called me Friday to start the process, but i asked to wait until I got the replacement to determine all is well. Ill call them back today.

Posted

Beings your in touch with the distributor you should let them know there would be a demand for a 22 or 23" tire if they made them! Well at least I would buy a set.

Yes, kinda. Tires easy doesn't want it back, but the distributor where tires easy gets the tire wants it back. They called me Friday to start the process, but i asked to wait until I got the replacement to determine all is well. Ill call them back today.

Posted

Ill certainly mention that!

Posted

24-26" is what we need!  The nanco tires were a struggle for me in the soft sand and 90 degree OAT a couple weeks ago. 

Bigger is better in the sand, rocks and mountains!  :BC:

Posted

And a 6" wheel option that is reasonably priced...

Posted

The tires are awesome!!! Nowhere is off limits now.....I'm sure to get in trouble.

Also installed a warp drive 3 blade 70" hp-l hub today. Set at 15deg, gives me 6000 static. So far so good. I may add a bit more pitch and see what happens.

Posted

I found with my 2 blade warp that 6200 on climb out gave me the best compromise of climb/cruise performance. Each degree of pitch after that on mine would lower the climb rate by 200-300 fpm and only increase cruise by a few mph. I wouldn't go below 6000 static but that's just me. Keep in mind each time you change pitch it's going to change your EGT's too. The harder your working the motor i.e. more pitch the lower the egt's and higher the fuel burn. Having an accurate fuel computer is a super usseful tool. Between my computer, hacman, and Ivo inflight adjustable you can can find the sweet spot during all conditions.

Pics of the new tires? I love mine! It was night and difference over my 800 turf tires I had. Play with the pressure some. Lowering it makes a huge difference on roll out on rough stuff. I do about 8 on pavement and 5-6 on rough stuff. I keep a 0-25psi pressure gauge clipped to the panel next to my knife.

Posted

Too bad you guys didn't keep the larger tires and trade; someone woud have ended up with a pair of the larger ones at least.