Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gravelbar Fun

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Jeff and I got out for a little gravelbar practice last night after we put new bungee's on his plane and he finished installing new gas caps on the outboard ends of his tanks, plus replacing all his lexan.  The new tank caps are really nice; a flush design.  Jeff is really learning how to fly his plane very quickly; good landings Jeff!

Here are a couple pics.  Jeff should be posting some video soon.

post-75-0-68419500-1369678533_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-77758900-1369678689_thumb.jpg

Posted

Very Cool!  Its great to see someone doing more than pavement pounding at this phase of the training.  Thats exactly how my training went.  Nice shot of Jeff flying off into the sunset

:BC:

Posted

Dont know how anyone could go back to ATV's after flying an AVID.  One thing that did happen that I hope others can learn from is that I was pulling up after a take off and lost lift in one wing.  Airspeed was way above stall.  I then realized that Randy was close enough in front of me that I was getting wash off of his plane.   Moment of spookyness.

Posted

Jeff,

I think you will find that our birds are ALOT dirtier than a cub or even a 180.  When playing follow the leader, I have gotten tossed around more flying behind a kitfox or an avid than I have any other plane.  I am not sure if it is the undercambered wing or what, but they do put off a pretty good wake.

:BC: