Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

On Any Sunday (Afternoon)

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't know if anyone on here remembers those old dirt bike movies "On Any Sunday"?  I had a great one last weekend; they were having the Talkeetna Fly-in this weekend so after sitting out Saturday while it snowed all day I took off after church on Sunday and headed north into the severe clear but rather bumpy flying.  By the time I got there they had closed up all the flying stuff but the tourist season was in full swing; I was landing with 4 other planes (Turbin Otters, etc.) and a helicopter in the pattern (that is busy for me).  After playing like a tourist wandering around town with the busloads of real tourists, I took the best ride out of town and headed up the Knik for a little playing.  Even sat around a campfire with another local (cub driver) who gave me some tips on fishing holes I had not yet explored.  It doesn't get much better than that!

post-75-0-15699800-1369203279_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-83293700-1369203374_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-99763900-1369203472_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-06815900-1369203569_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-56076300-1369203688_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-23470000-1369204017_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looks like another AWESOME day Randy!  I should have a few days when I get home to play on wheels before I swap over to floats.  I hope I get a chance to come up and play with you guys in that area on wheels and do a little flying / fishing!  I got out and hit the beaches South of Kasilof a couple times last week, but the weather was kinda cruddy and the wind had a COLD bite to it.

:BC:

Posted

Some awesome pictures there Randy, that Avid sure looks good withe the big white mountains in the back ground

Posted

Looks like another AWESOME day Randy!  I should have a few days when I get home to play on wheels before I swap over to floats.  I hope I get a chance to come up and play with you guys in that area on wheels and do a little flying / fishing!  I got out and hit the beaches South of Kasilof a couple times last week, but the weather was kinda cruddy and the wind had a COLD bite to it.

Leni,

Let's do it while you are still on wheels! Let me know a date and I will take some time off.  I should be able to fit my single person pontoon boat into the plane; is that what you are using to float with?  Sounds like Lake Creek is a pretty good place if we can fly into the nearby strip and have Dan pick us up in a boat.  Let me know when.

Randy

Posted

Some awesome pictures there Randy, that Avid sure looks good withe the big white mountains in the back ground

Yeh, it's hard not to throw in some pictures of your plane. :lmao:

Posted

Randy,

Depending on water levels, there are several gravel bars we should be able to get into right on lake creek.  It would be a bit of a bugger to get to the good fishing without being able to fly into the creek.  We can steal one of dans boats and take that up the creek a ways if the water is high enough, but it is still a bit too low on the river to get into the good grayling and trout fishing.  When the silvers are running, we could have a great time in the boat though!

We can either land at Bentalit lodge, or land on the little island out in front of lake creek and have him pick us up there.  I will get ahold of him and see what we can work out.  I am ready to get a fly line wet!

Posted

Randy,

Depending on water levels, there are several gravel bars we should be able to get into right on lake creek.  It would be a bit of a bugger to get to the good fishing without being able to fly into the creek.  We can steal one of dans boats and take that up the creek a ways if the water is high enough, but it is still a bit too low on the river to get into the good grayling and trout fishing.  When the silvers are running, we could have a great time in the boat though!

We can either land at Bentalit lodge, or land on the little island out in front of lake creek and have him pick us up there.  I will get ahold of him and see what we can work out.  I am ready to get a fly line wet!

That sounds good.  I'll bring the worms...oh, I guess I was having a flashback to "A River Runs Through It".  :lmao:

Seriously, let's do it!