Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Putting a MK4 cowl on a B model

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Any ideas how big of a project this would be? I might have a line on a raw cowling. I'd love to get rid of my side radiator and just keep my belly radiator I already have. I don't want to even bother though if its gonna be a major project that takes lots of modding to make it work.

Posted

Do it... It took me a couple hours to make cardboard templates for the firewall scabs and then a couple hours cutting out the aluminum and riveting them on each side.  The cowling camloced right on to my "C" fuse.

:BC:

Posted

The guy isn't replying to my email. May have to call him. I am running out of time though my sandbox tour is only a few days out. I have more important stuff to worry about that modding my plane right now.

Posted

Here's a couple of photos of my buddies "C" model with the MK4 cowling.

As you can see he made a "boot cowl" for over the panel and under the windshield, so this is modded pretty far...  The photo with the top on, does not have the hinge pins installed so the sides are not completely aligned.  Also note the lack of landing gear.  He is eagerly awaiting the arrival of his new Grove gear in replacement of the again failed Airdale spring gear.

post-36-0-32518300-1369279602_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-04326300-1369279608_thumb.jpg

Posted

Larry, 

Does he have any interest in getting rid of the spring gear :dunno:  I have some engineering thoughts on modding the spring gear to actually make it work.  If he wants to get rid of his it would give me a head start on making the gear.

Thanks

:BC:

Posted (edited)

It's bent...

I'll ask.

Edited by Av8r3400