Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AVID Flyer Floats

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Just finished floats.  Have not weighed them yet but they are probably around 150 lbs.  Sorry the picture is sideways.  Dont know how to fix that.  These are the original gel-coat floats from avid.

post-2-0-82100400-1369178199_thumb.jpg

Posted

Jeff,

Can you pull a few measurements for me and tell me how long they are, where the step is in relation to the forward gear mount where it bolts to the fuse and how wide the floats are center of one float to center of the other float.

I am re-rigging the EDO 1320s when I get home next hitch and those numbers would help me get a close idea of how much streamlined tubing I need to order.

When do you plan on mounting the floats?  I am eager to see how they preform compared to the other floats I have flown on the avids and kitfox.

Posted

Hey Leni,

If you look in technical tasks where I posted the float instructions some of those measurements will be there. 

Posted

The only measurement in there was the width apart center to center on the floats.   The biggest one I really need is how far behind the forward mount where it bolts to the fuse the step of the float is.

Posted

Leni,

If you can call me in 1 hour.  I will take those measurements for you and give them to you,  I am busy all day, figure that is the best way to not forget.