Papa Whiskey got a new set of shoes

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Just got back from picking up a new (ok, built in 1940 but rebuilt a few years ago) shoes for the plane. I'm hoping to get them mounted up with out having to entirely redo the rigging. Will go pull some measurements tomorrow and see how it looks. By the darn snow storm we had to drive through today, I must take a moment to tell mr. Gore just how far he can shove global warming up his @$$!

:BC:

post-2-0-09633400-1368857948_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-19219000-1368858091_thumb.jpg

Posted

NICE! I hope I look that good after 70 + yrs! As someone from Tennessee, and there are many of us that feel this way, I apologize for letting out our state idiot Al Gore! As you well know, there's only so much one can take of Al. Somebody in a moment of weakness must have let him out! At least he provided enough material for the ManBearPig episode on Southpark. Bryce

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice Leni; maybe one of these days....when I get my MKIV back together so I have 2 planes.  Funny post Bryce :funnypostabove: .  Yup, we just set a new record for longest time with new snow on the ground.  pretty soon it will be hard to tell when one winter stops and the next begins.  I need to go put my skis back on. 

On second thought Leni, you sure you are going to need those things in the new ice age?

Posted

Sweet! I chartered one of Rusts Beavers last time I was in AK for work. First and only time I've been on floats and I loved it! 

Posted

Bryce, we will let it slide.. he has provided more than enough comic relief for awhile :lol:

Randy, once you go floats you wont go back :lmao:

Joey, there is nothing sweeter than a beaver on floats... unless it is a Turbine otter on floats, but that just does not have the great round engine sound...

My buddies 1200 SHP Caravan on floats is something to behold though!  180 knots on amphibs is pretty impressive as is watching it take off with 10 people in just about the same distance as a cub will get off on floats.

:BC: