New site changes

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like some of you are getting your wish!  looks like we have much better features when you log in to show the new topics so you can filter them out alot easier!  This will take some getting used to, but I hope everyone finds it easier to use than the last version and that the improvements are worth it!

Thanks for being patient guys, we are all going to learn the new forum software together!  :lmao:

:BC:  :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Cool!  Thanks Leni, this is easier!

Posted

+1.

Now to explore and learn the features.

Posted

Better when logging in w/ mobile device!

Posted

Us members should look at our avatars.  MIght need some rework...

Posted

Let us know if you figure out the crop option, I tried for a bit but can't get mine right. Thinking I may need to resize then download the new avatar and try again with that.

Also, when clicking View New Content > Topic > used to go directly to the first new post in the thread. Now it goes all the way back to the original first post in the thread. Can't seem to find a way to reset that as a preference?

Posted (edited)

Went with a different photo for now...

(Parked on the grass at Airventure 2012)

To go to the latest post click the dot or star on the left of the thread title.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

post something so I can try it out!

Posted

Something...   :french11:

Posted

Ok, I know I can manually click that 'Go To First New Post' icon but that's exactly what I trying to avoid (hey, I'm downright lazy about some things). I had it set in my preferences to automatically open the first new post when revisiting a thread and I would like to continue with that if possibe. Saves having to scroll all the way down the pages. It was one of the format things I really appreciated here vs. the TKF forum which did not offer an option for that preference. Looks like it might be lost here on the upgrade too.  :(

Posted (edited)

Jeez!  Just click a different button to get there, you slug...

(our avatars look similar like the AK boys...)

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Diggin the new site on a mobile! Posting from the 11th floor of my hotel overlooking Waikiki Beach in Oahu. Just finished up a 12 hr day of tours. Time to kick back with a beer and get ready to do it all again tomorrow. Taking a Catamaran over to the West side to dive with Dolphins in the morning.

Posted

Jeez!  Just click a different button to get there, you slug...

(our avatars look similar like the AK boys...)

Jeez you engineers are a tough crowd, normally takes a fuel oil and fertilizer bomb to get you guys to change your ways. Maybe we are not so different after all, eh? :BC:

Oh, and yes I will confess, I did deliberately change my avatar to look like yours just to annoy you in retaliation to eating all my friggin' lobster. There must be consequences for that selfishness, perhaps that is why your tail does sit a bit lower than mine. :lmao:  

1 person likes this

Posted

Just ate the last of the leftovers tonight...

Posted

Where's the view new content button? Bryce

Posted

I noticed there was no more automatic correct / spell check option when writing up your posts. Anyone find this, I seem to rely on this a lot more than I thought!?

Posted (edited)

Never new ther was won on heer - No wonder you sound smarter than we-all........

Still cant enlarge my beautiful 100 year old photo - site says too many pistols?

How can you-all get a picture of a complete plane on here, and I cant even get the cockpit larger?

Ed in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Hehe, I was a member on that forum back in 2005/2006.

Posted

Doug,  Is the spell checker working for ya now?  I updated my Firefox and now it seems to be working on my laptop, but not on the office IE browser..

:BC:

Posted

Nut shure lemmi chech an jet bak toya. Browsing w/ FF here, whadda I need a new plugin?

1 person likes this

Posted

Doug,

Wasn't you arguing with me back then to convince me to convert my air suspension in my XT6 to coil overs, was it?

Hehe back attcha.

Dale

Posted

Nut shure lemmi chech an jet bak toya. Browsing w/ FF here, whadda I need a new plugin?

hmmm, not sure.  I think I downloaded a plug in a long time ago on my laptop that was an internet spell checker.  I cant do that on the work computer so I cant really say for sure till I get back up to the room n look see at it on the laptop.

:BC: