Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wasilla Alaska Flight Instructor

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am looking for an instructor in Wasilla that will get in my AVID after phase 1 for training for the sport pilots license. Do any of you know of a small instructor that is willing to train me in an AVID that lives in or very near Palmer or Wasilla?

Thanks

Edited by Avid Heavy

Posted

I am looking for an instructor in Wasilla that will get in my AVID after phase 1 for training for the sport pilots license. Do any of you know of a small instructor that is willing to train me in an AVID that lives in or very near Palmer or Wasilla?

Thanks

I know of one that was in Soldotna, but I dont know of any in the valley. Have you contacted Arctic Air to see if one of their instructors would be willing?

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago that had a kitfox V that was having issues with getting instructors in the area up there and it was hit and miss for him to get one to fly with him on his schedule. Hopefully you will get some other hits on this.

I thought about pursuing the instructor thing myself a few times, but the investment in getting the ticket would never be recouped, it would be a "out of the goodness of my heart" to train others once in a blue moon type of thing.. I hope you find someone soon!

:BC:

Posted

I know of one that was in Soldotna, but I dont know of any in the valley. Have you contacted Arctic Air to see if one of their instructors would be willing?

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago that had a kitfox V that was having issues with getting instructors in the area up there and it was hit and miss for him to get one to fly with him on his schedule. Hopefully you will get some other hits on this.

I thought about pursuing the instructor thing myself a few times, but the investment in getting the ticket would never be recouped, it would be a "out of the goodness of my heart" to train others once in a blue moon type of thing.. I hope you find someone soon!

:BC:/>

I have one but he is in Anchorage. Not very cost effective. I got to get this phase 1 flown off. Trying to get licensed before July.

thanks