Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flight Test Weight & CG

9 posts in this topic

Posted

On my weight and balance form its asking for "Flight Test Weight & CG".

Do I put in my own weight for the Front Seat and do I decide the amount of fuel during flight test or does the DAR assign the amount of fuel he wants me to carry.

:dunno:

Thanks

Posted

You decide on fuel. They just want the exact W&B for a specific configuration. I used my own weight and 10 gallons on mine. Your going to need a max forward and max aft config as well. I have an excel spreadsheet with the formulas built in that works nice.

Posted (edited)

You decide on fuel. They just want the exact W&B for a specific configuration. I used my own weight and 10 gallons on mine. Your going to need a max forward and max aft config as well. I have an excel spreadsheet with the formulas built in that works nice.

Already figured the max forward and max aft. Max Aft is with pilot (170 arm 16) passenger (170 arm 16) Baggage (35 arm 65) Fuel (168 arm 15) Aircraft Empty 568 Got Most AFT CG at 15.23.

Figured most forward cg Aircraft empty 568 Pilot (170 arm 16) Fuel ( 12 arm 15) Got most forward CG at 12.78.

Empty CG is Left wheel 261 Right wheel 257 Tail 50 left -1" from datum right -1" from datum tail 144" from datum

Empty CG calculates at 11.76

Thanks for your response to my post.

Edited by Avid Heavy

Posted

Sounds like you are good to go! Are you prepping for the first flight??

Posted

Sounds like you are good to go! Are you prepping for the first flight??

Getting my paperwork ready for the DAR. Hope it goes well. Tired of dealing with building and ready for flying.

Posted

Getting my paperwork ready for the DAR. Hope it goes well. Tired of dealing with building and ready for flying.

Sounds good Jeff, it will we great to have you flying too! If you're going to be around this coming weekend I would like to take a look at it.

Also talk about getting Randy at Plaschem to look at your cargo pod and see what it would cost to have him build some.

Posted

Sounds good Jeff, it will we great to have you flying too! If you're going to be around this coming weekend I would like to take a look at it.

Also talk about getting Randy at Plaschem to look at your cargo pod and see what it would cost to have him build some.

Just give me a call. I need to get you and Leni to quickly fly off my 40 hrs. I need to get going on my training.

Checked with FAA and it is perfectly fine to have someone else fly off the 40.

Posted

Any licensed pilot can fly off the 40hrs, assuming that your willing to assume the responsibility to NOT sue someone for wrecking your bird do to no fault of their own. The 40hrs could be flown off pretty quickly if there is decent weather available. I dont have any heat burn with flying off hours on your plane as long as you know that if the engine quits I will do everything I can to save your plane and my own ass but I wont be held responsible for damage that mean old Mr. gravity dishes out in the even of the pilot cooling fan quits turning etc..

With that being said, I would really like to get the skis rigged and installed prior to the test flights as it opens up ALOT of potential runways should something go wrong. I will have some time, weather permitting to put some hours on it for you after I get home. We can shoot for the 9th and 10th if she is signed off by then and the weather does not turn on us.

:BC:

Posted

Just give me a call. I need to get you and Leni to quickly fly off my 40 hrs. I need to get going on my training.

Checked with FAA and it is perfectly fine to have someone else fly off the 40.

My best advise is to get a liability policy written before the plane leaves the ground - If you are not eligible as pilot now, then list the pilots and their hours who will be flying it on the policy. "CYA"

ED in MO