Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Security warnings with Firefox on this site

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else get a security warings entering this site? Firefox tells me someone black ilsted it with Google.

Just sent a link to a friend on mine. He can not get in. He used Google Chrome to brouse.

Mines been doing that for a month or 2 now. I juat tell it to ignore. He said his CHrome will not let him go here.

Posted

If you reset your cookies all will be fine.

That's how I fixed my problem.

Posted

Anyone else get a security warings entering this site? Firefox tells me someone black ilsted it with Google.

Just sent a link to a friend on mine. He can not get in. He used Google Chrome to brouse.

Mines been doing that for a month or 2 now. I juat tell it to ignore. He said his CHrome will not let him go here.

I am clearly not informed as to the political stance of Google - But think may sit just to the left of King O?

Once we start giving political views and gun rights comments on here, we will be a target of the left.

I asked Leni a while back about seeing Google signed in - He gave me an OK, (I guess?), because he was speaking some alien language to me in his explanation, which I accepted since I dont know beans about puters.

ED in MO

Posted

I am not sutre what I can do to fix it. I have paid to have the forum cleaned up and the service provider assures me there are no bugs on the site. Google listed it due to a bug on the forum over 100 days ago, but after repeated attempts by me to get them to verify the site again, it has not happened. When I follow the links on google it says there has not been a reported attack from this site for over 100 days, yet it still wont drop the warnings.

I am learning to hate the damn internet these days :lol:

:BC:

Posted

I am not sutre what I can do to fix it. I have paid to have the forum cleaned up and the service provider assures me there are no bugs on the site. Google listed it due to a bug on the forum over 100 days ago, but after repeated attempts by me to get them to verify the site again, it has not happened. When I follow the links on google it says there has not been a reported attack from this site for over 100 days, yet it still wont drop the warnings.

I am learning to hate the damn internet these days :lol:/>

:BC:/>

The telephone was a most welcomed addition to our house - until some salesperson woke us up early in the morning or late at night, and you couldnt leave it off of the hook - then it became a pain to have.

Fortunately, with the new celphones, you can silence them when you want peace and quiet.

There is always some idiot who screws up a good thing - we either live with that, and enjoy the convenience,

or find a way to stop them.

ED in MO

Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. Some time ago, I saw something here about some issues like this but thought it was resolved. I was curious why it was still happening on my PC. I don't mind just telling it to ignore and I get right in but this friend of mine told me his Chrome browser just wouldn't let him so I thought I'd ask quick. (Before heading off to the aeroplane factory last night.

I do some web site (set up and hosting) and will look to see if I can find anything out to help resolve this. This is too good of a site and people to have this BS hampering.

Ed, I'll try your suggestion. Once I get in, it does not come up again until a reboot or next day. Not sure. King O ahy? Don't get me going on that one. Goggles somewhat left of kookoo?

Posted

I am learning to hate the damn internet these days smilielol.gif

BC.gif

Leni - I just cleared all my cookies again and still get the warning using Fire Fox on my Windows desktop. It appears that StopBadware.org is the Co. putting out the warning. They take attack site info from Google plus two other data providers, so it might not be input from Google that is causing the problem now. I followed the path from the Attack Site! splash page to the Co.'s FAQs and found a link that site owners can use to request a review if they believe their site has been clean, but is still blacklisted and receiving an Attack Site! warning. This might be worth checking out if you have already used the Google Webmasters Tools I linked to in another thread.

http://www.stopbadwa.../request-review

Posted

Hey! I got in with out the security warning BS tonight.

I did their request for review form yesterday or Saturday. Told them the only "badware" on this site is their jump through hoops crap that pops up when I try to access this site and to leave us alone. Think that took care of it?

Posted

Hey! I got in with out the security warning BS tonight.

I did their request for review form yesterday or Saturday. Told them the only "badware" on this site is their jump through hoops crap that pops up when I try to access this site and to leave us alone. Think that took care of it?

I only submitted that about 30 times in the last 2 months.. maybe you have more stroke with the folks at google or mozilla than I do smilielol.gif

What ever it is, I am just damn glad that its up and working!

BC.gif

Edit... you said you do website work and hosting.... we need to talk! I will PM you later with a few questions and maybe shoot the hosting money your way instead of overseas!

:BC: :BC:

Posted

I only submitted that about 30 times in the last 2 months.. maybe you have more stroke with the folks at google or mozilla than I do smilielol.gif

What ever it is, I am just damn glad that its up and working!

BC.gif

Edit... you said you do website work and hosting.... we need to talk! I will PM you later with a few questions and maybe shoot the hosting money your way instead of overseas!

:BC:/> :BC:/>

AK,

The thing I requested the review from was not Google or Mozilla. I'd have to look up who it was, but they appeared to be the origin of it. When I told Firefox to ignore the warning, their site opened in a new tab. I think a couple online scans I ran to check this site for badware did not find any on the site but said they found that Google and I believe this other place I was at reported that they had detected and was reporting it as badware.

stopbadware.org was the place I went)

Anyway, I agree, what ever cleared it, I'm glad it's gone.

Dale

Posted

:BC:/> :BC:/>

OOO! Over seas? Milbourne IT? One and One? I may have to go back into work but I'll check for your PM and get back to you ASAP. Dam it's cold out here.

http://classic.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPCZ/2013/1/21/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Dale