Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Modified Wing Jack

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Modified my wing jack by putting a screw jack for lifting rather than a nut wrench combination. Much smoother lifting now. It will raise about 7 1/2". Hope to try it real soon. My new wheels will come this week so I can switch to ski's, then I can get my ski's rigged to my new gear.

post-56-1356444667616_thumb.jpg

Posted

Damn, That is a great idea! What tires do you have on there?

:BC:

Posted

Damn, That is a great idea! What tires do you have on there?

:BC:/>

Aero Classic 21x8x6 with a 1" spacer.

Posted

I've got the same and love them! Plenty big enough for me.

Posted (edited)

Modified my wing jack by putting a screw jack for lifting rather than a nut wrench combination. Much smoother lifting now. It will raise about 7 1/2". Hope to try it real soon. My new wheels will come this week so I can switch to ski's, then I can get my ski's rigged to my new gear.

First time I had ever seen one of these for the AvidFoxes - Good idea.

If this just fits under the spars, was wondering if it was placed on fuselage side of strut fitting, instead of outside of fitting, would be better with no chance of plane slipping sideways on it?

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I built mine to lift at the connecting rod, between the fore and aft lift struts. I think there's a photo of them somewhere on this forum.

Posted

I noticed in the picture you have a second bolt in the tail wheel spring. How did you ever manage to get the second in because they originally had one and that area in the back is very tight.

Thanks

Posted

Aero Classic 21x8x6 with a 1" spacer.

What is the 1" spacer for?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

I noticed in the picture you have a second bolt in the tail wheel spring. How did you ever manage to get the second in because they originally had one and that area in the back is very tight.

Thanks

Just drill a second hole a couple inches back of the original. it is probably easiest if done before fabric (thats how I did mine) but would work drilling up through the bottom if it is already covered.

-Robert-

Edited by High Country

Posted

What is the 1" spacer for?

Thanks

To accommodate the width of these tires. The Matco wheels will work without them, but its better with the spacer.