Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

new from the skunk works

3 posts in this topic

Posted

After dealing with the float to wheel or ski swaps the last few years it was time to come up with another way to do it. I drew up the basic concept and am having one of the P.E's here at work spec out the materials to build it with.

The basic Idea will be to have it fold twice. The main base will fold back onto the trailer then the jib will fold down on top of itself. It shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to stand it up or lay it down. I will have a 12 volt ATV winch on the end to lift the plane with. I am shooting for having it made of Aluminum but if the beam size will need to be too big, I will go with Steel. I want as light as I can get yet safely be able to pick the plane up with a decent safety factor.

post-2-13562227321677_thumb.jpg

Next is the inline thermostat housing from Highwing LLC. For the guys with the inverted grey head engines, it is a pain in the ass to change thermostats as the muffler mount uses one of the bolts that hold the housing on. With this little jewel, you just jump it inline and you are good to go. It uses a standard automotive thermostat so you can get one at any parts house for 12-15 bucks. I plan on sticking in a 160 deg. thermostat and it should work just fine.

post-2-13562227857286_thumb.jpg

Posted

Why didn't you just say you wanted me to finish

the gin poles for my buggy?

Simple, not something you have to wonder where your

going to park it.

Cost "0"

Posted

Why didn't you just say you wanted me to finish

the gin poles for my buggy?

Simple, not something you have to wonder where your

going to park it.

Cost "0"

:lol: hmmm.. that may be a good option :lol: damn if we dont both have too many irons in the fire!

:BC: