Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

STRANGE HAPPENINGS

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Leni or Joey,

Strangely, since the Bat Cave has been introduced, there is a difference when I sign in or when I dont:

Sometime, a new post wont show until I sign in - not counting the bat cave - and the part for 2 cycle and 4 strokes dont show up unless I sign in - There may be some other oddities, but havent pinned them down yet.

Just letting you know,

ED in MO

Posted

Leni or Joey,

Strangely, since the Bat Cave has been introduced, there is a difference when I sign in or when I dont:

Sometime, a new post wont show until I sign in - not counting the bat cave - and the part for 2 cycle and 4 strokes dont show up unless I sign in - There may be some other oddities, but havent pinned them down yet.

Just letting you know,

ED in MO

If your not signed in, you may not be able to read some of the forums. Do to the recent attack, I changed the settings so only members can see certain things.

I keep the box checked to automatically sign me in each time I come to the site. I am trying to gaurd against another attack. If the lurkers want to see the forum, they can sign up :lol:

The bat caves is only for contributing members, so you wont be able to even see it if your not logged in.

:BC:

Posted

If your not signed in, you may not be able to read some of the forums. Do to the recent attack, I changed the settings so only members can see certain things.

I keep the box checked to automatically sign me in each time I come to the site. I am trying to gaurd against another attack. If the lurkers want to see the forum, they can sign up :lol:/>

The bat caves is only for contributing members, so you wont be able to even see it if your not logged in.

:BC:/>

Not a problem here - just cant find that "box" anywhere! :lol:

ED

Posted

Not a problem here - just cant find that "box" anywhere! smilielol.gif

ED

Where you log in, there should be a little check box right under where you put in your password that says keep me signed in or some shit like that.

:BC:

Posted

Can you teach me the secret handshake so I can see the "bat caves"? I don't see it anywhere....

Also, is it possible to add a button like the "view new content" that is for postings from the last 24 hours or something similar? I often check the forum from my phone and if I do the "new content" disappears for my account.

Posted

Where you log in, there should be a little check box right under where you put in your password that says keep me signed in or some shit like that.

:BC:/>

All I have is "remember me" so I can click and not have to print out name and password. No big deal - I was just trying to tell Bandit that mine sometimes logs me out when I look at things - just log back in and keep on flapping my mouth, or jabbing my fingers!

ED in MO

Posted

Can you teach me the secret handshake so I can see the "bat caves"? I don't see it anywhere....

Also, is it possible to add a button like the "view new content" that is for postings from the last 24 hours or something similar? I often check the forum from my phone and if I do the "new content" disappears for my account.

The secret hand shake is the guys that have sent in some money to be a "contributing member" a "private" forum that only the contributing members to see. Just a little perk for helping to support the site and gives you guys a place to vent, talk about ideas for the forum etc.

If anyone has sent in money, and I missed making you a "contributing member" shoot me a pm or call me out on it right here on the forum.

I can look into putting up a button, but I am a little challenged that way. if I have to write code to do it I am pretty much screwed. I think... yeah, that gets me into more shit that I can deal with... that there is a button that you can check and it may show something just like that in your preferences (show post from last 24 hrs when you log in). I will look into it and see.

EDIT: if you go into your setting towards the bottom as you scroll down it gives you two option for when you hit the view new content button.. see all posts you have not read, or see all posts since last visit. With the amount of topics we have on here, it may load your screen up if you try to use the all unread posts. I will talk to the software developer and see if the code to make a new button would be to hard to make.

BC.gif

Posted

Larry -

I found when checking in with an iPhone that it was easier to bypass the default mobile theme so all the functions normally associated with the full site version were available just as they would be as if you logged in on your home computer. From the opening index page, scroll all the way down and hit "click here to manually chose a theme". Then, you will have the normal "view new content" button for which you can set your own preference.

Leni -

no need to change forum wide settings if the view new content issue is limited to the mobile theme (which I agree sucks eggs). IMHO, since full site users can currently choose an option that suits them best (which works very well so long as one clicks the "mark all items as read" on the new content page), just need to train Larry how to use his fancy phone. Although writing new code might be easier for you! :lmao:/>/>/

P.S. BTW, whatta I look like bat shit or something', either give me some bat love or send pics of those sweet nothing's I referred to. :BC:/>/>/

Posted (edited)

P.S. BTW, whatta I look like bat shit or something', either give me some bat love or send pics of those sweet nothing's I referred to. :BC:/>/>/>/>/>/

Give him hell Doug - tune in from your Batmobile phone too! :lol:/>/>

BTW: Leni - I took a few photos today when I brought my fuselage and tailfeathers home from the paint shop - still on truck until I get help tomorrow. If I post some photos, can you move them from the Kitfox into a "SCRATCHBUILT", or "Things that may never Fly!" catagory? Dont want to offend the "stock Kitfox" crowd.

Merry Christmas, Hope the photo of the baggage door mod turns out so you can understand it. If not, i will take more.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this