Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PIPER FLAP HANDLE QUESTION

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Have any of you ever seen a Piper flap handle apart? Or maybe a picture of repair parts for it?

I am thinking that there is just a wire running from the button on the end of the handle back thru the 3/4 inch tube to the locking part. I need to squeeze this tube to get clearence and keep it from rubbing on my seats. Dont want to ruin it and have to make another.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Have any of you ever seen a Piper flap handle apart? Or maybe a picture of repair parts for it?

I am thinking that there is just a wire running from the button on the end of the handle back thru the 3/4 inch tube to the locking part. I need to squeeze this tube to get clearence and keep it from rubbing on my seats. Dont want to ruin it and have to make another.

ED in MO

Just a button in the end with the spring and wire inside. You should be able to squeeze it as long as you stay away from the button end. How much do you need to pinch it down :dunno:

Posted (edited)

Just a button in the end with the spring and wire inside. You should be able to squeeze it as long as you stay away from the button end. How much do you need to pinch it down :dunno:/>/>/>

1/4 inch would help - 3/8 better - just about 2 or 3 inches of it where it passes between seatbacks.

Even 1/8 would be a lot better than rubbing on my new seats. This is more to the latch end.

Thanks, ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri