Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ATTITUDE, TURN & BANK, PITCH INDICATOR

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There is an Attitude, T&B, Pitch & roll indicator on Ebay for about 20 more hours - the bids have gone ridiculous - I may have an inside track for more of these at about $21 (?) each - NO Electric - NOt IFR - No Venturi - used on RVs - Stick on top of IP - Anyone interested, let me know and I will see how many I can get - I make nothing on this - you deal with seller, not me. Real cute - had one mounted in my IP on KF2.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

what is the ebay item #?

Posted (edited)

what is the ebay item #?

The time expired on it - someone had run the bid up to about $50 - too much for that - check on new listings and he might list another one - was from Wayneswings, I think - will try to get his email if you want one.

They are not legal for IFR, but not illegal to have either - just like putting fuzzy dice on your rear-view mirror! No electric - no vacuume - just stick it on top of IP, or anywhere and level it in flight and then you have a reference when you let the weather get so bad you want to be home, or just for measuring those 30 degree climbing turns on your checkride. I bought one for the J3.

Let me know.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed,

Do you have any pics, or any links to where we can check these out? Sounds like it may be a need to have item for those ohoh moments we sometimes find ourselves in. Right now, I would be hard pressed to keep the wings level if I was in IFR conditions and I lost the GPS.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

what is the ebay item #?

OK< Seller relisted it - Item # 271121755591 - If it is bidding - contact him directly and see if he will sell you one at the $14? + 6.60 ? shipping.

Tell him you are on avidfoxflyers.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Now, some of you younger guys, not so puter challenged like me, can get this photo of this cute little lifesaver, and post it here with the info printed with it for everyone to see. ebay item # 271121755591

ED in MO

THESE ARE MADE FOR RV'S NOT VAN'S RV......MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed,

Do you have any pics, or any links to where we can check these out? Sounds like it may be a need to have item for those ohoh moments we sometimes find ourselves in. Right now, I would be hard pressed to keep the wings level if I was in IFR conditions and I lost the GPS.

:BC:/>

LENI, Thats why you are supposed to impress your sweetie by hanging the necklass she gave you from the rear-view mirror in your plane - you can watch it swing and figure out which way is up - or get the fuzzy dice! nah.....

ED in MO

Posted

I've got an app for my iPhone called RudderMate that does the same, along with compass and gps driven altimeter functions. (Free)

Posted (edited)

I've got an app for my iPhone called RudderMate that does the same, along with compass and gps driven altimeter functions. (Free)

Whats an I-phone? Just kidding - my kids come over and show me all the things they can do on their phones - when they get finished, I pull out my old phone and say, "it makes phone calls!"

But, you dont have to worry about the batteries going dead in the Fuzzy Dice on your mirror! UNLESS you get lucky and find an antique pair with the little lights in the spots - God, I am getting old!

Dinosauer ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ed,

:BC:/>/>

Leni,

If you get in IFR and GPS goes out, and you dont have one of these - Just call me and I will notify the Coast Guard and the FAA - How much did you say you wanted for your plane, since you will be grounded! :lol:/>

Nah - no one is grounded in Alaska - Some even have pilot's licenses!

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed,

:BC:/>

Now here is a dumb question from an old antique - How does the GPS keep your wings level - or does it?

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

what is the ebay item #?

David,

The photo of your plane looks like Merrill field, where I went to UAA and got AMT/A&P - am I right?

Seems like I may have said this before - Cant remember if I forgot to take my memory pill this morning! :lol:

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

No fuzzy dice in the plane smilielol.gif Contact away, I had a meeting with the boys in the nice building just before you get to ANC once before. It has been determined that the only way they can keep me from flying is to lock me up where I cant get to a plane!

I have had a couple oh shits in a couple different planes here. One I kept pushing into weather I should not have pushed into, only because I knew it was actually worse where I just came from versus where I was headed. When the temps line up and the fog sets in over the inlet, the only option is to get as far away from the inlet as possible so I pushed on at 10' over the river till I got to the turn off for the lodge, then it picked up and I no longer need a "special" to get into the lake.

Another was in lake clark pass about 2 miles into from the lake Clark end headed back to Kenai. The pass was wide open, clear as far as you could see. blue sky, sun shine, birds singing no wind awesome spring day. Till in a matter of less than a minute the shit dropped in and I couldnt see the spinner. No way was I going to try and turn as I could look over my shoulder and see it was just as bad behind me. I zoomed in on the GPS and stayed glued to my flight track and pointed the nose to the sky and firewalled it. I went into the shit at 5-700' AGL and broke out at 14,500.. In a bare bones panel PA 12 with a compass that didnt work. Mid climb batteries in the GPS went out and I was sweating bullets trying to keep from hitting a few mountains I couldnt see, keep from getting vertigo as I looked down to try and change batteries and trying to keep the oily side down.

That flight prompted me to start IFR training the very next day. It also got me to replace the whiskey compass in the 12 and do a few other things to keep a know it all "bush pilot" with a whopping 62 hrs in the logs from becoming a greasy skid mark on the back side of a mountain.

Then came the time in the 172 that I was determined to fly into ANC to pick up a couple friends that flew in from Alabama. Nothin like a dumb shit know it all 200 hr invincible jackass wanna be "bush pilot" taking off into known icing condition in a friggin 172 and getting just past the last lights of North Kenai headed to ANC when suddenly the lights of ANC blink out, the world turns darker than the inside of a well diggers ass and the vacumm pump heads south. Toss a nice layer of rapidly building ice on the wings and we had the perfect shit sandwich! Partial pannel when the shit is getting heavy is no fun at all!

As far as the GPS keeping the wings level.. They have a nice little stack built into them that gives you a fake artificial horizon that will indeed help you stay greasy side down, right up until the point that the batteries go dead or you loose signal. Hence me being intrigued by a device that takes no batteries or vacumm to give you some sort of gross visual reference to the where abouts of the big round thing hopefully below you and hopefully it can help me from pulling a JFK Jr. smilielol.gif

Joey,

I contacted the seller too, but no joy on a responce so far.

There are quite a few I can find on the net for off roading but I am not sure how funny the FAA would think it was to do a ramp check and see a picture of a jeep on the dash smilielol.gif

Oh, my compass now loves it when I turn the radio on. If I wanted to stay on a heading of 060 no matter what direction I am traveling, it is a very usefull tool. Ather than that, it is just keeping me from having an empty hole in the panel.

BC.gif

Posted (edited)

Leni and others,

Yes, I have had my share of "Oh-Shits" especially when I was young, low-time and "bulletproof" and just plane dumb!

Fortunately, I survived long enough to get old and no longer bold.

I got my little gizmo today to put in the J3 - It is about 1/2 inch smaller in diameter than the one I had in the KF2 - but looks better than staring at the fog - looks like it should work too. Looks like you will have to figure out how to level it laterally, but has a vertical adjustment. My old one went into a hole in the IP, and had no adjustment.

The seller said the price with shipping will go up to $25 from $22 with shipping when he gets the next batch in, and he will put it on ebay as "buy it now", so there is no bidding to raise the price - there is no makers name on it, and evidently he dont want to share his scource with me.

Most pilots dont want to admit to screwing up - but if anyone gets their butt saved by this little gizmo, please tell others about it.

GOOD FLYING,

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

There used to be one of these gizmos with a miniature plane inside a clear globe - think I saw an old one on ebay not too long ago - it is nearly useless with no markings whatever.

Heck, this is not an "approved instrument" - it is just a decoration - like the rearview mirror and dice hanging from it. Neither is the curved level with the bank markings on it. Or, the little hula girl showing you the bumps!

Jeep wouldnt be bad either - if it helps.

Dont see how an inspector can bitch about it - mine wont! Its up to you to get it OK'd, or remove it for annuals.

I'm so glad to fly VFR day as LSP, and dont have to worry about commercial IFR

- Now, that just means, "I FLY ROADS"!

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

No fuzzy dice in the plane smilielol.gif Contact away, I had a meeting with the boys in the nice building just before you get to ANC once before. It has been determined that the only way they can keep me from flying is to lock me up where I cant get to a plane!

I have had a couple oh shits in a couple different planes here. One I kept pushing into weather I should not have pushed into, only because I knew it was actually worse where I just came from versus where I was headed. When the temps line up and the fog sets in over the inlet, the only option is to get as far away from the inlet as possible so I pushed on at 10' over the river till I got to the turn off for the lodge, then it picked up and I no longer need a "special" to get into the lake.

Another was in lake clark pass about 2 miles into from the lake Clark end headed back to Kenai. The pass was wide open, clear as far as you could see. blue sky, sun shine, birds singing no wind awesome spring day. Till in a matter of less than a minute the shit dropped in and I couldnt see the spinner. No way was I going to try and turn as I could look over my shoulder and see it was just as bad behind me. I zoomed in on the GPS and stayed glued to my flight track and pointed the nose to the sky and firewalled it. I went into the shit at 5-700' AGL and broke out at 14,500.. In a bare bones panel PA 12 with a compass that didnt work. Mid climb batteries in the GPS went out and I was sweating bullets trying to keep from hitting a few mountains I couldnt see, keep from getting vertigo as I looked down to try and change batteries and trying to keep the oily side down.

That flight prompted me to start IFR training the very next day. It also got me to replace the whiskey compass in the 12 and do a few other things to keep a know it all "bush pilot" with a whopping 62 hrs in the logs from becoming a greasy skid mark on the back side of a mountain.

Then came the time in the 172 that I was determined to fly into ANC to pick up a couple friends that flew in from Alabama. Nothin like a dumb shit know it all 200 hr invincible jackass wanna be "bush pilot" taking off into known icing condition in a friggin 172 and getting just past the last lights of North Kenai headed to ANC when suddenly the lights of ANC blink out, the world turns darker than the inside of a well diggers ass and the vacumm pump heads south. Toss a nice layer of rapidly building ice on the wings and we had the perfect shit sandwich! Partial pannel when the shit is getting heavy is no fun at all!

As far as the GPS keeping the wings level.. They have a nice little stack built into them that gives you a fake artificial horizon that will indeed help you stay greasy side down, right up until the point that the batteries go dead or you loose signal. Hence me being intrigued by a device that takes no batteries or vacumm to give you some sort of gross visual reference to the where abouts of the big round thing hopefully below you and hopefully it can help me from pulling a JFK Jr. smilielol.gif

Joey,

I contacted the seller too, but no joy on a responce so far.

There are quite a few I can find on the net for off roading but I am not sure how funny the FAA would think it was to do a ramp check and see a picture of a jeep on the dash smilielol.gif

Oh, my compass now loves it when I turn the radio on. If I wanted to stay on a heading of 060 no matter what direction I am traveling, it is a very usefull tool. Ather than that, it is just keeping me from having an empty hole in the panel.

BC.gif

Ha ha, my compass must be a match to yours. Mine does the exact same thing.

Posted

This is a reply I got from Wayne...

To buy the attitude indicator go on this website and also please post it on the forum that you subscribe to , Avid , Kitfox ect………

I am selling only 10 of them on there.

http://www.whitetaildeerfarmer.com/Airplane.htm

Wayne Pederson

3268 Adelia Dr SE.

Bemidji, Minnesota 56601

Phone 218-444-8069

Posted

Ooo I like it, thanks for the tip! What other freebies you like?

Posted

Ooo I like it, thanks for the tip! What other freebies you like?

Angry Birds?

Posted

Aviation... not avian... Aviation related! hammerhead.gif

Ever use CloudAhoy?

Posted

I do pay $50 per year for the Garmin app. Realtime radar, current sectionals, good stuff.

Posted (edited)

This is a reply I got from Wayne...

To buy the attitude indicator go on this website and also please post it on the forum that you subscribe to , Avid , Kitfox ect………

I am selling only 10 of them on there.

Wayne Pederson

3268 Adelia Dr SE.

Bemidji, Minnesota 56601

Phone 218-444-8069

Slight correction to that site <www.whitetaildeerfarmer.com> I wrote this because it doesnt show that way on my posts, but as you can see, it doesnt show that way above. We were having power outages here - but just another puter mystery for me!

ED in MO

AND: Now that I posted this, the mistake DOES show above.???/>??

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Slight correction to that site <www.whitetaildeerfarmer.com> I wrote this because it doesnt show that way on my posts, but as you can see, it doesnt show that way above. We were having power outages here - but just another puter mystery for me!

ED in MO

AND: Now that I posted this, the mistake DOES show above.huh.gif/>??

Ed,

It is not a mistake.. the software shows and abbreviated web address instead of running the text all the way across the page. If you click the link he posted, it will take you his website. I ordered one.

BC.gif

Posted

Ed,

It is not a mistake.. the software shows and abbreviated web address instead of running the text all the way across the page. If you click the link he posted, it will take you his website. I ordered one.

BC.gif/>

You wouldnt expect an old dinosauer to know the difference - I was just quoting what he sent to me.

Glad you got one. Our J3 driver was happy when I showed him the one for that plane today.

ED in MO