Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 ULS EBAY WARNING - DONT GET BIT!

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DOUG AND I corresponded by messages some time ago when there was a 912 ULS on Ebay auction at a very low price - Doug got slightly bitten by some spam from the ad, and ebay pulled the ad.

This ad has been on ebay 2 more times and has just been pulled again.

There may be legitimate 912s on ebay - but this one really stinks - It was about $510 the last two times I saw it, or in the notes below it said you could buy it for $2500 with free shipping.

Just wanted all to BE AWARE OF SCAMS!

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

DOUG AND I corresponded by messages some time ago when there was a 912 ULS on Ebay auction at a very low price - Doug got slightly bitten by some spam from the ad, and ebay pulled the ad.

There may be legitimate 912s on ebay - but this one really stinks - It was about $510 the last two times I saw it, or in the notes below it said you could buy it for $2500 with free shipping.

ED in MO

I only buy small stuff off Ebay and that is even very rare anymore. Too many people on there trying to make a buck. Craigslist or forums like this are a lot easier to deal with.

Posted

I've reported that ad to ebay every time I've see it come up which has been more than a dozen times in the past month. Every time it's listed by another username but it's almost always the same ad. People need to use common sense when your dealing with ebay. Your not going to buy a 15,000 plus engine with 98.5 hrs for $2500. Sorry to hear anyone thats been taken but you've got to use your street smarts.

ED in MO

Posted

I just bought the spring-loaded nose gear - from a wrecked Avid - somebody else got the mains - Anyone know where to go for printable info on this gear?

ED in MO

Posted

I just bought the spring-loaded nose gear - from a wrecked Avid - somebody else got the mains - Anyone know where to go for printable info on this gear?

ED in MO

Ed I have the original set off my Avid with the mechanical brakes, wheels, and tires. Would take some modding to run discs.

Posted

Ed I have the original set off my Avid with the mechanical brakes, wheels, and tires. Would take some modding to run discs.

Sorry for confusion - I dont need the mains - just thought it might be an investment - I have grove main and Matco w600 wheels brakes. Meant to put this on new topic and goofed. Just got the Part that attaches to the Avid nose piece, and tire and wheel for it. need info - but have my own design that I may use instead - I'm a little skeptical of the spring-loading - mine is solid.

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

Just to set the record straight, the ad is a data miner attempting to get responders to give up their private eBay security info. If one were to be so foolish as to do that, well, I suppose you will learn your lesson quick enough. I used a proxy server and fake email addy to send a question, got the request for personal info and a few spam emails back. I've reported the ad on several occasions now, getting a bit pissed it keeps coming back. It's so bad and blatently obvious, wtf eBay!

[edit] I found the "seller's" reply to my email inquiry, tell me that isn't a red flag:

On Sep 26, 2012, at 11:14 PM, Joseph Amato <joshmat63@gmail.com> wrote:

If you want to buy it now for the price of $2600 with shipping and handling included, i will need your full name, address(shipping address) and username so i can contact the eBay team to let them know about our transaction, and after they will approve it, you will receive an invoice containing all the steps that you need to follow for this to be a safe and fast transaction. Also a phone number is required where you can be found at any hour(cell phone). My auction is 14 days money back guarantee (if it's not like we agreed, or broken you will receive the money back). I can ship in 3 days, and please let me know if we can arrange a deal.

Thank you

Edited by dholly

Posted

Just saw this same one on ebay tonight - bids were up to about $2K - somebody will pay a lot more than dollars!

ED in MO