Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bing Adjustable Carbs

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wondering if anyone has any photos and descriptions on finishing out the turn cables for the Mike Jacober in flight adjustable carbs. I have them installed on the carbs, just looking for ideas to finish on the panel. What kind of dials should i use and where can I get them etc.

Thanks

Edited by Avid Heavy

Posted

Wondering if anyone has any photos and descriptions on finishing out the turn cables for the Mike Jacober in flight adjustable carbs. I have them installed on the carbs, just looking for ideas to finish on the panel. What kind of dials should i use and where can I get them etc.

Thanks

I think Leni uses that set up,he just got married so he may be a little preoccupied.Im sure when he returns he'll fill you in on how it operates.Some guys use the HAC set up but I think they are different,not sure they still build the Arctic Sparrow,if they do I would also be interested in one.Randy

Posted (edited)

I think Leni uses that set up,he just got married so he may be a little preoccupied.Im sure when he returns he'll fill you in on how it operates.Some guys use the HAC set up but I think they are different,not sure they still build the Arctic Sparrow,if they do I would also be interested in one.Randy

Check out Chugiak Randy - not sure if Mrs. Jacober is still running shop there, but someone should know.

Shoot - I meant Birchwood - been away too long!

Trying to get off here and keep big mouth shut for a while - but watching paint dry tonight -

Please dont get the idea that I like writing to you guys. :lol: It just helps take my mind off of my shoulder pains!

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have been using the Artic Sparrow mixture control for years. Try to get some pictures this weekend.

Posted

I have been using the Artic Sparrow mixture control for years. Try to get some pictures this weekend.

How do I adjust them for the initial startup. Clockwise / Counterclockwise how many turns etc.

Thanks for you help

Posted

How do I adjust them for the initial startup. Clockwise / Counterclockwise how many turns etc.

Thanks for you help

One turn is one notch on the needle valve. Start at full rich until your engine runs smooth.

Posted

The attached file will give you all the info you need to run the mixture control. Bud Gish no longer makes this set up. The knobs can be purchased at Radio Shack. They are just a small black knob with a brass insert and set screw. I have one on each side of the dual EGT gauge so it corresponds to the needles on the gauge for easy tweaking.

:BC:

Adjustable_Mixture_Control_Information1.doc

Posted

Thanks for the information. I am finishing out today.