Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Member Reputation

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I happened to be browsing around the Forum the other day and was looking at the members list and noticed that most members had a reputation of 0, +1 or +2; then I got to mine and see I have a -1 reputation. What does that mean? Did I give someone bad advice? Just curious how one earns their reputation?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I happened to be browsing around the Forum the other day and was looking at the members list and noticed that most members had a reputation of 0, +1 or +2; then I got to mine and see I have a -1 reputation. What does that mean? Did I give someone bad advice? Just curious how one earns their reputation?

I think it is because you dont drive a Rotax? I had the -1 at one time, and went back to 0 the last time I looked.

I wont look again, because it is BS.

I dont have a clue as to how it works.

Think this BS should be removed from this site. We are supposed to be free to say anything, but looks like somebody is being judge and jury, and we dont even get a lawyer.

You are still #1 Soob-driver on here.

I will put a *** by your name if you answer my question about where you mount your fuel pumps and if they are before or after the gascolator.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I can assure you guys there is no judge and jury. The software that runs this forum is capable of a lot more than we are currently utilizing. I will look into it but ignore it for now.

Posted

I'm sure X-wives have something to do with it, mine says I'm a "0"

and so does my profile

Posted

I'm sure X-wives have something to do with it, mine says I'm a "0"

and so does my profile

Bob, I am sure that if our X wives got on here we would be more than a zero... We would be off into the the negative numbers a long ways!

Randy, It happens. Some guys can't take any humor and there are still a few that think any good natured ribbing has no place on a SERIOUS airplane forum.. um hello!! have they not ready the pinned topics or read my signature? :lol: Take it with a grain of salt.. another of our most contributing members who probly has the most extensive library on our lil planes got a negative for a comment made one time. I took it off as I didn't see it as a bad comment :lmao: Anyone who has met you and knows you should know that there is probly not a kinder guy out there that is more supportive of our forum. I will look into it and see that you get cleared of the charges... (picture the gavel droping and the judge saying case dismissed!)

:BC:

Posted

Randy,

After looking into it, I am 99.99% certain it was a case of the fat coursor and he probly meant to hit the + not the negative! It was on a post you made to the fat avid update that was just a bunch of pictures. Either it should have been a positive, or he was pissed cause the lil hamster in the cage has his heart give out on him while trying to run fast enough to generate the power to download those awesome pics over a super slow dial up connection.. At any rate, don't loose any sleep over it, I got ya all fixed up!

To be honest, I am pretty darn SHOCKED that I have not gotten some real negative numbers with some of the stuff I have posted over the years here! Those boys on the "other" site dont have much of a sense of humor.. On one of the snowmachine forums I am on, the "team" used to take a little "field trip" over to another rival site and cause a lil ruckus for a few hrs till we got bored and went back to our own play ground.... Some guys are just too serious sometimes!

BC.gif

Posted

Yess, we know about those sites where the "Politicly Incorrect" are quickly banished - where you cant say "another brand or design", or that forbidden word, "MOD"!

I say the wrong thing sometimes, but try to apologize if I think I have offended someone.

My old skin is too tough to be burned easily.

I've learned a lot listening to all the "chain-saw drivers" :lol:

And appreciate you all putting up with a few "real-heavy-engine drivers".

I think we are all on here to learn and to teach and share for the joy of building and flying.

If anyone feels better by putting minuses by my name, then have at it.......Glad my XXXs arent on here!

I appreciate all of the members comments and sharing info, even if we dont agree sometimes.

Thats the end of my sermon for today ......

ED in MO

Posted

Yess, we know about those sites where the "Politicly Incorrect" are quickly banished - where you cant say "another brand or design", or that forbidden word, "MOD"!

I say the wrong thing sometimes, but try to apologize if I think I have offended someone.

My old skin is too tough to be burned easily.

I've learned a lot listening to all the "chain-saw drivers" smilielol.gif

And appreciate you all putting up with a few "real-heavy-engine drivers".

I think we are all on here to learn and to teach and share for the joy of building and flying.

If anyone feels better by putting minuses by my name, then have at it.......Glad my XXXs arent on here!

I appreciate all of the members comments and sharing info, even if we dont agree sometimes.

Thats the end of my sermon for today ......

ED in MO

Summed it up pretty good there Mr.!

There are alot that are not really "up" on the socially accepted use of the emoticons so I will give another quick run down.

If a comment is followed by a smilielol.giflmao.gif or any form of smiley face, that should be taken as "dude, I think its funny as hell n no worries"

If the comment is followed by BC.gif that is our lil chug that not all sites share. that signifies that all in the comment is good, and maybe we, or I am just hacking on you in good natured banter. It is kinda the get outta jail free card. Tell someone they are acting like a jackass and them put a BC.gif next to it and we all know that its OK, you yourself have been a jackass more than once and you are qualified to make said statement through your own personal learning experience!

Now, if you are really acting like a jack ass and we dont approve, you get the VERY seldom used :nc: That stands for NO CHUG this means your a jackass straight up and should stop cause you are crossing the line with what ever you said.

If someone makes a statement, or a poke and you are trying to start something with them (just a lil fun), not a full on "i am gonna meet you half way and kick yer a$$" you toss in the snack.gif This lil guy is just saying, hey yall, I just started some shit so now I am going to sit back, have a beer n some popcorn and watch the show smile.gif

If it is something we have gone over a million times, and we are not telling you something that common sense should have jumped up and kicked you in the teeth about you may get the news.gif yeah dude, you really brought that OLD news to the table, come up with something better.. It may be used in a sentence like this.... "What, the installed weight of your super duper all aluminum n titanium soobie came in at an installed weight of over 230#" :news: This could be followed by a :snack: and will most often be followed with a :lol: or a :lmao: and just so you know that we were hacking on ya, I will even toss in the good ole :BC:

I think most of the other ones are pretty self explanatory!

BC.gifBC.gif

Posted

I forgot to mention.. I am damn glad I had it dissabled on me, cause I know if anyone ever really met me, after a good couple dozen drinks :snack: my reputation would be in the vastly negative numbers :news:

:lol:

Posted

I forgot to mention.. I am damn glad I had it dissabled on me, cause I know if anyone ever really met me, after a good couple dozen drinks :snack: my reputation would be in the vastly negative numbers :news:

:lol:

Jolly Good Show Leni,

Unfortunately, my old mind just cant remember all those cute charactors, so my vocabulary is limited. :lol:

ED in MO

Posted

I think it is because you dont drive a Rotax? I had the -1 at one time, and went back to 0 the last time I looked.

I wont look again, because it is BS.

I dont have a clue as to how it works.

Think this BS should be removed from this site. We are supposed to be free to say anything, but looks like somebody is being judge and jury, and we dont even get a lawyer.

You are still #1 Soob-driver on here.

I will put a *** by your name if you answer my question about where you mount your fuel pumps and if they are before or after the gascolator.

ED in MO

Hey Ed, sorry about that response on the fuel pumps. I sent it to you but I must have messed something up if you didn't get it.

On my plane I put my fuel pumps under the passenger seat. There is quite a bit of room for them there in the Avid+ since it was set up to have the mixer under the pilot seat. I ran the gas line out of the vertical header tank that sits behind teh passenger seat, into an in line filter, then into the fuel flow sender, then teed the line and ran it to each fuel pump (in parallel) which also have in line filters. I also pulled a line out ahead of the fuel pumps that runs to my primer. Downstream from the pumps I teed the line back into a single line and ran it along the floor and through my firewall, up the firewall, then teed the line to run to each carb and to the fuel pressure gage. I didn't run a gas colator because being a tail dragger, the lowest point on my system is at the bottom of my header tank which acts as my gas colator since the outlet line is an inch or more above the bottom. The whole system slopes back to the header tank. I put a curtis drain valve on the bottom of my header tank that sticks out of the bottom of the fusalage so I can stick it when I preflight.

Posted (edited)

All,

Great answers. Bob's had me laughing out loud. :lmao:

Hey, I fly chainsaws and heavy iron. :stirthepot:

Edited by SuberAvid

Posted

Hey Ed, sorry about that response on the fuel pumps. I sent it to you but I must have messed something up if you didn't get it.

On my plane I put my fuel pumps under the passenger seat. There is quite a bit of room for them there in the Avid+ since it was set up to have the mixer under the pilot seat. I ran the gas line out of the vertical header tank that sits behind teh passenger seat, into an in line filter, then into the fuel flow sender, then teed the line and ran it to each fuel pump (in parallel) which also have in line filters. I also pulled a line out ahead of the fuel pumps that runs to my primer. Downstream from the pumps I teed the line back into a single line and ran it along the floor and through my firewall, up the firewall, then teed the line to run to each carb and to the fuel pressure gage. I didn't run a gas colator because being a tail dragger, the lowest point on my system is at the bottom of my header tank which acts as my gas colator since the outlet line is an inch or more above the bottom. The whole system slopes back to the header tank. I put a curtis drain valve on the bottom of my header tank that sticks out of the bottom of the fusalage so I can stick it when I preflight.

Thanks for the info ***Randy***

Yes, I know you are one of those "bi-engine flyers"!

ED in MO

Posted

Thanks for the info ***Randy***

Yes, I know you are one of those "bi-engine flyers"!

ED in MO

funnypostabove.gifsnack.giflmao.giflam.gif