Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hysol 9460 source

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Time to build some wings!

I'm shopping for a bit of a deal on the Hysol 9460 structural adhesive.

Has any one ever used the following online vendor?

http://www.skygeek.com/henkel-hysol-9460-5-lb-kit-83131.html

http://www.skygeek.com/aboutus.html

Know of any other sources for this product?

Thanks,

Dale

Only place I have bought it is Kitfox at about $100 a pop. Contact Loctite and if there is a dealer in your area that can order it, you might get it cheaper with no shipping. I would have gone that way, but needed it asap. Careful tho, there are other 94 products like 9430 that are not the same. I have the Loctite catalog, but you still have to go thru a dealer.

Dont buy your flox or microballoons from Kitfox - You only get a tiny bag - cheaper from Spruce or others.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I've bought a couple of things from Skygeek with good service and no issues. Sorry, no other leads on sources for the Hysol.

Posted

Fastenall, Grainger, etc...

Posted

Fastenall, Grainger, etc...

Been thru those - minimum order is ONE CASE!!!!

ED in MO

Posted

I get my adhesives from Hughes. They have in date adhesives as such as we wouldn't want to use HYSOL over 6 months from manufacture for critical applications. They have 46 locations from what is on their website. Friendly and fast service no matter the size of order placed.

My link

Posted

I get my adhesives from Hughes. They have in date adhesives as such as we wouldn't want to use HYSOL over 6 months from manufacture for critical applications. They have 46 locations from what is on their website. Friendly and fast service no matter the size of order placed.

My link

9460 is supposed to be good for 2 years at room temps - indefinate if kept refridgerated. What was cost from Hughes?

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

1 to 2 kits are $105.80 {Quart size parts A and B } plus shipping. They provide a fresh product as I was told that some of their customers would only use it if it was less than 6 months from manu dates. Must be something chemical related to it others might not know. The rep here in NC was very helpful and provided links to others that use this type of adhesive. Send them an e-mail or call them up at a location near you. I am sure they will help out any way they can. Be sure to click the link in my post.....takes you to the site page.

Edited by Tree top pilot

Posted

9460 is supposed to be good for 2 years at room temps - indefinate if kept refridgerated. What was cost from Hughes?

ED in MO

I'm seeing about $106 from both Skygeek and Hughes.

Thanks all for the replies. Thinking I may just up and order from Skygeek as I've already started the order process but also want to take closer look at all Hughes has to offer.

Posted

I'm seeing about $106 from both Skygeek and Hughes.

Thanks all for the replies. Thinking I may just up and order from Skygeek as I've already started the order process but also want to take closer look at all Hughes has to offer.

When I first looked at Sky Geek, I thought it said it would ship in 2-3 days. I had the oder ready but thewn went back to he item page and it was showing such that it would ship Nov 19. I emails them but have not heard back yet. Mean while, I emailed RS Hughes, they said they had in stock and it would arrive by Friday this week. I did the order so we'll see. I do expect this order will be OK.

Posted

The folks at RS Hughes were great to deal with. This epoxy made it here rapidly. Too bad it's 100 miles away or I could have saved 419 shipping. Thanks for the tip.