Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

panel

12 posts in this topic

Posted

please !!!

Does some of you have pics of instrument panel for an avid C (from above and under) ? how is this fitted with the horizontal panel? how are they trimmed to adjust round tubing?

thanks in advance

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Posted

please !!!

Does some of you have pics of instrument panel for an avid C (from above and under) ? how is this fitted with the horizontal panel? how are they trimmed to adjust round tubing?

thanks in advance

:beerchug: :beerchug:

It's an avid Mk IV but I think it's the same

tdb.jpg

tdb2.jpg

tdb3.jpg

tdb4.JPG

tdb5.JPG

tdb6.JPG

tdb7.JPG

tdb8.JPG

tdb9.JPG

tdb10.JPG

Posted

Did you build this panel from scratch or did you have some sort of "blank" to work with. if so where did you get it? Which would be better fiberglass or aluminum?

-Robert-

Posted

Did you build this panel from scratch or did you have some sort of "blank" to work with. if so where did you get it? Which would be better fiberglass or aluminum?

-Robert-

My first wish was to have an aluminum panel with a little box (the one at the bottom) for maps, sunglasses, pen ....

Machining aluminum is easy for me and I've never work with fiberglass

But the aluminum panel was too eavy

so I made a fiberglass one !!

here are pictures

tdb11.JPG

tdb12.JPG

tdb13.JPG

tdb14.JPG

tdb15.JPG

tdb16.JPG

tdb17.JPG

Posted

Very nice, thanks for the pictures. How many layers did you use?

-Robert-

1 person likes this

Posted

Very nice, thanks for the pictures. How many layers did you use?

-Robert-

5 layers

the panel's weight is 200 g

Posted

salut micheL et merci pour les photos

la question que je me pose est comment est tenu la "casquette" du tableau de bord, j'ai tendance à croire qu'elle est tenue avec le parebrise et la planche de bord, mais j'aurai aimé etre sur.

a + :beerchug:

ça me fait penser qu'une petite section avid french sur ce forum serai bien sympathique, vu que le groupe yahoo a mysterieusement disparu...

Posted

salut micheL et merci pour les photos

la question que je me pose est comment est tenu la "casquette" du tableau de bord, j'ai tendance à croire qu'elle est tenue avec le parebrise et la planche de bord, mais j'aurai aimé etre sur.

a + :beerchug:

ça me fait penser qu'une petite section avid french sur ce forum serai bien sympathique, vu que le groupe yahoo a mysterieusement disparu...

je regarde vendredi pour la casquette

pour la liste de diffusion yahoo france, elle fonctionne encore.......... pour les membres de l'APA

Posted

je regarde vendredi pour la casquette

pour la liste de diffusion yahoo france, elle fonctionne encore.......... pour les membres de l'APA

ah bon, pourtant j'en suis membre, j'ai meme envoyé ma cotis et suis affilié apa sur ma licence ulm :/

Posted

ah bon, pourtant j'en suis membre, j'ai meme envoyé ma cotis et suis affilié apa sur ma licence ulm :/

tu as raison

la liste a disparu

et surement tout ce qu'il y avait dedans !!

elle fonctionnait encore en janvier

génial

Posted (edited)

So you have now convinced me to toss out my aluminum sheet and make my own instrument panel. after searching for information on fiberglass i got side tracked into the world of carbon fiber. Seems fairly easy to work with, light weight, strong, and you don't have to paint it. Here is a kit for small parts that i believe will be enough to make a small instrument panel for my B Flyer. http://www.eastbaycomposites.com/products/carbon-fiber-fabrication-kit and bigger kit here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Kit-cloth-epoxy-TRIPLE-SIZE-BEST-DEAL-/190347868474#vi-content

-Robert-

Edited by High Country

Posted (edited)

So you have not convinced me to toss out my aluminum sheet and make my own instrument panel. after searching for information on fiberglass i got side tracked into the world of carbon fiber. Seems fairly easy to work with, light weight, strong, and you don't have to paint it. Here is a kit for small parts that i believe will be enough to make a small instrument panel for my B Flyer. http://www.eastbaycomposites.com/products/carbon-fiber-fabrication-kit and bigger kit here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Kit-cloth-epoxy-TRIPLE-SIZE-BEST-DEAL-/190347868474#vi-content

-Robert-

You may not have to paint carbon fiber - BUT, the epoxy will deteriorate in sunlight, so would advise a UV blocker and paint, just like the fabric used on the plane.

most layups with carbon fiber, and with Kevlar, are combined with glass cloth, for reasons I don't know, (maybe for economy?). I worked with fiberglass/epoxy for about 30 years, but we never used carbon fiber. There are books available about it - also see Spruce catalog.

Ed in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri