Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP! I need your tie-breaker vote TODAY!

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey all, please read, I need your help... TODAY 1-31-12!

A local village of Hammondsport, NY is one of just 10 places competing to be named America's Coolest Small Town by Budget Travel magazine. Readers nominated 647 communities, and that list was narrowed down by the magazine to the 10 finalists. Of the 10 communities named in the contest, it has now turned into a real neck and neck horse race between Hammondsport and Beaufort, NC.

Hammondsport is located along Keuka Lake, with many quaint shops and world-renowned wineries. The village also has a lot of history, including the hometown of aviation pioneer Glenn Curtiss. Among his many other accomplishments Curtiss set several land speed records on motorcycles, produced and sold the first private aircraft in 1909, and is recognized as the 'Father of Navel Aviation' for being the first to master take off and landing on water.

We have a great group of H2O pilots in the Finger Lakes area, including Kitfox and Avid owners, and many are very active with the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum (lots of neat info and interesting history at that link). Winning this contest would be great PR to attract visitors to the area - and the Museum would also benefit from that, particularly after losing our dear friend Jim Poel on a test flight of the museum-built Albany Flyer replica last year. The museum also sponsors an Annual Seaplane Homecoming to promote responsible seaplane use in the Fingerlakes region. Please help!

Budget Travel's contest will be decided by a reader vote that closes at the end of the month... TODAY 1-31-12! If you have about 30 secs, maybe you could see your way to cast your ballot at: budgettravel.com/contest

Here's another

to a short uTube video with some friend's planes at one of the Annual Seaplane Homecomings in Hammondsport. Good fun!

Thanks!

Edited by dholly

Posted

I will try when I get out of the office. Tried it several times today and just keep getting an unresolved net work error.. Hopefully it will let me get to the site on my laptop in the room tonight.

:BC:

Posted

Leni - thanks for trying. Looks like response in the final hours was so great it crashed the site. Budget Travel officially declared it a TIE!! rolleyes.gifLINK