where to get the lexan turtledeck?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Joey,

How does the front of your turtle deck meet the back of the windshield? Got a pic? My turtle decks are aluminum, and they slide underneath the back of the windshield, just shy of the rivets. Thanks,Bryce

I cant zoom in close enough to the pictures posted here and the above question wasn't answered. I'm close to this point on my build. I've raised the skylight/butt ribs about 2.5" for some added head room and I'm not sure how I want to connect the lexan turtledeck to the windshield.

I'm using .090 for the windshield and T deck and I'm also trying to picture if and how to fabric around the butt ribs or just paint them now that there raised. I've seen pics of another Avid that had taller butt ribs but they were from pretty far away

Travis

Posted (edited)

Joey,

How does the front of your turtle deck meet the back of the windshield? Got a pic? My turtle decks are aluminum, and they slide underneath the back of the windshield, just shy of the rivets. Thanks,Bryce

I know you asked Joey, and I write too much anyway - But - the plastic slides in the same as your aluminum. There is an 1 1/2 or 2 inch aluminum strip bolted/riveted over the end of the skylight with the back edge just slightly turned and the TD butts against the back edge of the skylight. Mine is made with the windsheild and skylight being 2 pieces, so I can use dark for skylight, but the setup is the same for the TD.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

I cant zoom in close enough to the pictures posted here and the above question wasn't answered. I'm close to this point on my build. I've raised the skylight/butt ribs about 2.5" for some added head room and I'm not sure how I want to connect the lexan turtledeck to the windshield.

I'm using .090 for the windshield and T deck and I'm also trying to picture if and how to fabric around the butt ribs or just paint them now that there raised. I've seen pics of another Avid that had taller butt ribs but they were from pretty far away

Travis

Travis, You need to connect with Randy SuberAvid about the finishing of the butt ribs, since he raised his.

Some use fabric to seal the rear spar opening, but since it swings, I have been thinking of some kind of flat rubber to seal that area, maybe along with fabric or sheet metal?

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri