Replacement for Bing carbs

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, I'm New to this forum so please bear with me. I've just purchased an Avid model A which has a new MZ202 for a power plant. My question is, has anyone found a carburator or throttle body injection system that will replace the 2 BING 54 carbs that come with this engine. I've flown with the bing carbs before and don't have any real problem with them but would like to find a fuel system with a mixture control for this 2 cycle engine. Thanks for any input.

Posted

Hi all, I'm New to this forum so please bear with me. I've just purchased an Avid model A which has a new MZ202 for a power plant. My question is, has anyone found a carburator or throttle body injection system that will replace the 2 BING 54 carbs that come with this engine. I've flown with the bing carbs before and don't have any real problem with them but would like to find a fuel system with a mixture control for this 2 cycle engine. Thanks for any input.

Try Greensky Adventures,they sell a mixture control for Bing 54 carbs.Theres a cuople guys on this forum that has them and they seem to work well.Im going to get one myself after I get some more time on my plane. Welcome aboard. Randy

Posted (edited)

Thanks Randy, this was really helpful. I'll do a little research on my carbs to see if this kit will work but at this point it looks promising. Thanks for the comback and if I get one of these kits I'll be sure to report on it's preformance.

Edited by Bigenuff

Posted

Thanks Randy, this was really helpful. I'll do a little research on my carbs to see if this kit will work but at this point it looks promising. Thanks for the comback and if I get one of these kits I'll be sure to report on it's preformance.

Bigenuff,

I run the Green Sky adventures with the HACman kit installed it works great! Here's a link to my install.

It looks like Greensky's page my be temporarily down for some reason but there's some pretty good reading in the above link on how the system hooks up and operates. I've since but 175 hours on my plane since I installed it and the fuel savings are amazing since I routinely get up around 10,000ft to cross the Sierra mountains.