Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuselage jig for sale

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I ventured over to the west side of the Cascades and while over there stopped by to see Kelly QUick. He has 200 yrs worth of projects and asked me if I was interested in buying his fuselage jig. It is like a sky raider/ridge runner steel tube fuselage jig only it is designed to mount a much larger engine.. Kelly has a Yamaha on the prototype which came out of the jig and to me it looked like the beginning of a super bush plane.. tandem seat, tall gear, designed for bigger engines, still have a swing wing on it like avid and kits and ridge runner, similar anyway...

If interested, contact Kelly at 360-431-7274.. he is busier than a one armed paper hanger but eventually you can reach him.. 

Leni, sorry if I posted in wrong spot, Im still pretty daft at all this , just recovering from hacked phone and computer and credit cards.. so dont beat me too much...

Mark Smith

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Because everything cost more and more , I see 3 planes stuffed in a hangar and each owner shares the cost... If I was younger, Id find 2 or 3 buddies and buy this jig, then build 3 maybe 4 airplanes. ONe for each owner and since you have multiple owners, extra hands come in handy especially when pulling the fuselage out of the jig.. THis jig looks to me like it build a tandem seat tail dragger with STOL characteristics and folding wings.... It has heavier tubes in some load bearing areas so a larger engine could be installed. There is no substitute for wing area and horsepower... Kelly prototype is in the photos.. this fuselage was built in that jig..., it has tall heavy duty gear to get more angle of attack on the wing for shorter takeoffs. I personally dont know anything about the Yamaha 4 cylinder engine however I have seen a few videos of them flying and there performance is eye watering to say the least, what a way to hot rod a plane...and that engine comes from a Yamaha RX1 snowmachine and have a proven record of reliability..

Kellys shop it stuffed full of  projects plus he works full times, like I said he has 200 yrs worth of projects...I told him Id post it on here to see if anyone or group is interested in it..