912 installation in a Model C

By Pascal in Avid Flyer General Hangar,
Hi All I'm currently sourcing parts and information regarding the installation of a 100HP Rotax 912 on my not yet finished Avid Model C. I've flown with a Model IV with the same Engine at the front and it was just fantastic! I've got the original Mk IV engine mount on order and am now looking for installation instructions that maybe came with the Mk IV back in the days. Also i would be interested in any pictures and drawings regarding the installation of the engine, especially the exhaust system and the whole cooling setup. Any advice on the exhaust? should i just buy the Rotax Exhaust kit and then try to fit that at the front of my avid or is there a better base to start with or even a finished exhaust that just fits the avid? So anyone with a 912 (80 or 100 hp) in front of their firewall, please speak up and give me some guidance on how to tackle this project I'm still new to even building the airplane, not to mention merging a newer and an older model of a no longer produced kit cheers Pascal
  • 2 replies